Fantastic opportunity for an experienced, passionate and innovative assisted living Executive Director to lead The Retreat at Sunny Vista, a new assisted living community in Colorado Springs!
The Retreat at Sunny Vista is the newest addition to the Sunny Vista Campus which has been serving Colorado Springs families since 1911. This is your chance to creatively lead the assisted living community you’ve always dreamed of leading, while working within a campus setting, creating one cohesive community and campus.
The Retreat at Sunny Vista ( www.retreat.sunnyvista.org), is a community of 38 assisted living and 28 memory support apartments. The Executive Director will be employed by Cappella Living Solutions, the local management organization for the community.
Our passion is to inspire a world of possibilities in senior living through experienced leadership and strategic insight that ignites a culture of success and transforms the way the world views aging. We are an innovative and energetic organization with a passion for team member and resident empowerment and person directed principles.
Check us out! www.discovercls.org
Responsible for leading, directing, overseeing and evaluating the operations of an assisted living and memory support community. Plans, recommends, complies with, reviews, interprets, implements and evaluates regulatory requirements, policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring maximum quality of life for the residents. Responsible for the oversight and performance of all community departments. Develops, oversees and monitors the operating and capital budgets. Hires, trains, manages, and evaluates leadership team members and volunteers. Promotes quality of life and exceptional customer service. Promotes and fosters unity, transparency and consistency in people and programs.
- Coordinates the operation and delivery of services of the community departments. Responsible for the supervision of the community department managers and others, as appropriate. Responsible for team building, motivating, leading, hiring, retaining, mentoring, directing and evaluating these individuals.
- In collaboration with the Director of Sales and Marketing, leads the marketing, sales, leasing and/or admission/move in functions to ensure budgeted occupancy goals are met. Uses expertise to continually assess economic indicators, marketplace conditions and resident needs to determine strategy needed to achieve targeted goals.
- Responsible for overseeing all agreements/contracts with vendors for required services within the scope of their authority and in compliance with established guidelines. Reviews competitive bids and recommends major contracts for approval and approves invoices.
- Develops new programs and evaluates current programs to enhance the welfare of the residents/clients. Responsible for establishing and communicating the Community’s Standards of Service and ensures standards are practiced on a consistent basis.
- Promotes education and a teaching/learning environment.
- Responsible for developing an achievable annual operating budget and ensures performance is managed to meet or exceed projections in accordance to the owner’s objectives
- In coordination with the Business Office Manager, responsible for managing accounts receivable, keeping A/R current at all times.
- Ensures all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of the processes and programs in the entities supervised.
- Regularly monitors buildings and grounds to ensure they are attractive, safe and in good repair.
- Establishes and develops effective relationships and communication with residents, families, vendors, community groups, trade organizations, and community ownership.
- Responsible for encouraging, participating and integrating community life initiatives by supporting successful aging and person-centered programs and culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Public Health Administration, Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, Hospitality or other related degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must successfully complete the Administrator Training for Assisted Living Residences and obtain certification.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a leadership position in a field of service related to service to people and/or administration.
- Equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Must demonstrate excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in personnel management, relationship sales, strategic and operational planning required.
- Proficient in the use of relevant technology applicable for the position.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written (English).
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Sits, stands, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with donors, families, volunteers, residents and numerous other staff members.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 3 years (Required)