What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a District Quality Coordinator, this means:
- Being friendly and professional, and engaging with associates to meet store needs.
- Conducting Quality Reviews to ensure planograms are accurately executed.
- Communicating with the Merchandising Services Team any safety concerns to ensure product displays are safe, clean, and easy for customers to access.
The District Quality Coordinator (DQC) assesses performance of the Store Merchandising Service Team’s reset execution and customer experience projects. This associate uses his/her expertise in merchandising standards (e.g. stock, display, promotion space) and the individuals service needs for the stores to identify opportunities and develop recommendations to ensure successful execution.
The DQC visits a minimum number of stores (in the District) each week to conduct Quality Reviews.
This role is on the MST overnight travel team and will be expected to travel to stores in assigned pods, neighboring stores and to meetings/trainings.
What We're Looking For
- Salaried: Generally scheduled for 48 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- Requires morning, afternoon, evening, and overnight availability any day of the week.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in a fast-paced retail environment OR 1 year of Lowe's store experience.
- 1 year of supervisory experience including coaching/training team members.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- Licensed driver with reliable transportation and ability to pass MVR screen.
- Ability to travel between stores within district.
- Available to work overnight and weekends as required.
- 3 years of supervisory experience including coaching/training team members.
- 1 year of product merchandising experience including reading planograms, setting up and tearing down displays.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, Outlook).