- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or 5+ years equivalent technology experience.
- 2 years experience with tracking APT groups and other high grade threats.
- 2 years experience in system, network, and/or application security.
- 2 years experience building automated tools in C, C++, Python, PowerShell, or Bash
- 2 years experience in either incident response or active hunting of high grade adversaries
- 1 year experience with SQL or other query languages.
The Amazon Web Services Threat Intel Group is responsible for developing actionable intelligence on advanced cyber threats to our services and our customers. We collect indicators and intelligence from a variety of internal and external sources and use that information to develop an understanding of high grade actors and their tools, techniques, and procedures. We then leverage that understanding to proactively identify and mitigate malicious activity.
The successful candidate will be required to analyze telemetry data to identify signals indicative of high grade adversaries. He or she will help enhance our capabilities by formulating new analytic techniques and working across teams to drive the supporting capabilities. A deep understanding of current APT actors and TTPs as well as experience performing question driven analysis is required. Candidates should have a solid understanding of network and host based indicators and how to best leverage them. He or she should be able to script and help automate recurring tasks to improve the overall effectiveness of the team. An understanding of operating systems internals will be an asset.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform deep dive analysis of potentially malicious artifacts.
- Analyze large structured and unstructured data sets to identify trends and anomalies indicative of malicious activities.
- Create security techniques and automation for internal use that enable the team to operate at high speed and broad scale.
- Pursue actionable intelligence on current threats as they relate to AWS.
- Periodic on-call responsibilities.
- Translate actor TTPs into actionable data points to be prosecuted on internal data sets
- MS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or 8+ years’ equivalent technology experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Threat Intelligence research and analysis, particularly nation states and APTs.
- Strong understanding of Windows, Linux, and or OS X internals
- Experience with malware analysis tools such as IDAPro, Ollydbg and Windbg.
- Experience with AWS services.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age