Dawson Technical Institute - 3901, S State St
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Health and Benefits, a Benefits Analyst is responsible for working on various projects to enhance and support service delivery, administration, communication and vendor management of City College of Chicago’s (CCC) health and benefits programs.
The Benefits Analyst works closely with the Executive Director to help identify opportunities for department improvement, working to improve current business processes as necessary to ensure data integrity and to improve the efficiency of benefits administration. Utilizes expertise with PeopleSoft HCM Benefits modules to recommend solutions and system enhancements. Performs related duties as required.
- Works closely with the Executive Director in creating and updating processes to ensure efficient communication and completion of health and benefit plan administration, including annual benefits open enrollment, new hire processing, family status updates, terminations and retirements, and other ongoing events as required.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure accuracy of billing and account drawdowns.
- Produces and analyzes reports and data to ensure cost-efficient administration of CCC’s employee benefits programs.
- Generates system reports using PS HCM Benefits modules to complete life, disability, and critical illness self-billing and to audit health and dental bills.
- Reviews and processes vendor payments ensuring correct billing and payment timeliness.
- Conducts audits of active and retiree data, generating PS system reports, analyzing data and making needed corrections.
- Presents employee benefits program to new employees during New Employee Orientation.
- Produces and distributes New Hire Event kits.
- Reviews, analyzes and develops procedures for handling system notifications for changes in service dates, birth dates, etc. and to determine and process any necessary benefit changes.
- Serves as a member of the Open Enrollment team, assisting with communications, testing and attending enrollment meetings.
- Serves as a back-up for Benefits Specialists.
Executive Director – Health and Benefits
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources or a related field with five to seven years of experience in employee benefits OR a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources or a related field with one to two years of experience in employee benefits.
- Experience with PeopleSoft HCM or other enterprise system desirable
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse environment
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.