Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Provides residents with services in accordance with health care provider’s orders regarding administration or assistance with medications and treatments, as per state regulations. Provides direct care to residents following the individualized service plan.
- Assists in maintaining the physical, social, and psychological environment that is conducive to the best interest and welfare of the residents.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in the performance of personnel tasks with the understanding that the responsibilities are not routine or limited to resident care matters. Maintains a clean, safe, environment in the community by delegating job responsibilities.
- As per state regulations and completion of required training/certification, administers or assists with self-administration of medication and treatments as prescribed by the health care provider. Observes resident’s response to existing treatment plan, is aware of prominent medication interactions and side effects, and observes residents for occurrence of such and notifies supervisor. Adheres to community infection control policies and procedures.
- Assists residents with medication as defined in medication procedures. Supervises residents who self-administer medication. Exhibits understanding of and follows medication policies and procedures.
- Maintains resident’s records daily and in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy and procedure. This includes documentation related to medication distribution, leisure activities, incidents and observations, charting any changes in resident's physical condition and or behaviors, visitors, etc. Observes and documents the health and emotional condition of each resident, promptly reporting all changes to the supervisor.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the medicine supply room.
- Receives reports on all residents.
- Completes an accurate accounting of all medications, including controlled substances as per policy.
- Assists with completion of medication cart audits per policy and direction of supervisor.
- Provides direct resident care.
- Follows procedures regarding incidents/accidents involving residents.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- Medication Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Colorado State QMAP (Required)