Are you a Construction Project Manager who enjoys exercising your confidence, initiative, and calculated decision-making? If so, the T. W. Frierson team may be your new home! We have been a Nashville fixture since 1958 and have great relationships with our clients, business partners, and the community. We offer challenging assignments, flexible work schedules, volunteering opportunities, an enhanced vacation policy, insurance benefits upon date of hire, 401k with company match, ESOP, and much more!
Our Construction Project Managers holds responsibility for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of commercial construction projects to ensure that the goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters. An additional focus of this position is to strengthen existing as well as build new and lasting relationships with clientele and subcontractors.
- Develop and refine project specific and client-driven goals, schedules, and budgets;
- On negotiated design-build projects, assist the design team during the design phase. Identify inefficiencies and recommend changes to keep project on budget while still meeting the required specifications;
- Coordinate any necessary due diligence efforts on behalf of client, maintaining and delivering all appropriate documentation;
- Establish and maintain project goals and success criteria meeting the client's needs;
- Develop and maintain project budget, schedules, and cost control. Actively track each aspect of project performance against schedules and critical path;
- Complete monthly job cost projection reports and meet with management team to discuss cost and any issues on projects;
- Provide estimating assistance to preconstruction staff as needed;
- Track and communicate weekly project schedule updates to subcontractors and owners;
- Complete subcontracts and purchase orders. Monitor and approve vendor and subcontractor invoices. Develop and process monthly pay applications;
- Submit and review change orders while effectively communicating issues and developing resolutions;
- Initiate and conduct weekly project meetings with all stakeholders;
- Review and address plan details, resolve issues before they result in added budget expenditures;
- Maintain continual open communication with clients, design team, project superintendents, subcontractors, and vendors; and
- Attend client interviews and meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field;
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in project management in a commercial/industrial construction environment;
- Experience managing small to mid-size commercial construction projects ($1M - $5M)
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and decision-making/problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proactive client focus;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Vista, P6 Scheduling, Timberline estimating, and ProCore.
- Valid state-issued driver's license and good driving record.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Project Management: 2 years
Required work authorization: