This is a proficient-level sales rep role. Sells additional services, and/or pest control protection to owners or agents of homes, stores or industries. Conducts inspections to identify infestations or conditions conducive to infestations of wood destroying organisms and/or insects or other vertebrate pests, for making proposals and presentations to obtain sales contracts.
If you're a hard working individual this position is for you! We offer:
- Monthly commissions based on sales.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Company vehicle with gas card.
- Paid Holiday and Vacation Package.
- Opportunity to join our yearly company cruise.
- Company Provided Uniform.
- Monthly Competitions with Awards.
Ready to work in a motivating and positive work environment where you aren't just a number and your managers genuinely care about your growth and success?
-Sells additional services, and/or pest control protection to owners or agents of homes, stores, or industry.
- Conducts inspections to identify infestations or conditions conducive to infestations of wood destroying organisms and/or insects or other vertebrate pests, for making proposals and presentations to obtain sales contracts.
- Covers sales leads in assigned branch and develops multiple additional service and/or pest control sales leads creatively for each respective lead furnished.
- Records accurate measurements and writes correct descriptions of property inspected.
- Prepares appropriate specifications and treating instructions in accordance with existing
laws, regulations and company policy.
- Computes job-treating cost from company pricing instructions.
- Executes contracts on behalf of the company, observing company policy as to credit terms
- Manages collection effort on delinquent accounts of personal sales contracts.
- Deals courteously with customers, leaving customer’s premises and furnishings clean and
- Contacts customers after service is performed to ensure customer satisfaction and to
develop additional prospects.
- Reports unusual requests from customers or questions not immediately answerable to
- Maintains prospect files, call-back files and activity records.
- Maintains equipment, vehicle and personal safety equipment in clean, working order.
- Completes all appropriate training courses.
- Is immediately aware of location and telephone number of local poison control centers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
-Maintains knowledge of pests and chemicals used in treatment
-Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos Ability to write simple correspondence
-Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
-Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
-Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
-Skill in creating sales leads and cross-selling company products and services
-Maintains appearance of uniform as directed by company policy
-Maintains relevant licenses as required by federal, state or local regulations for termite/pest control
-Maintains a valid driver’s license
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible