- Hotel Experience
- Management Experience
- Guest Services
- Hospitality Experience
The Manager Hotel services is responsible for the delivery of exceptional guest service and experience on our USA vessels. Through innovation and leadership, this position ensures the onboard service experience reflects Lindblad’s passion for the extraordinary.
- Responsible for US flagged vessels guest services operations.
- Ensure delivery of exceptional shipboard guest service and experience by hotel personnel.
- Identify and implement enhancements for shipboard service, including new programs, propagating best practices and improving existing elements of shipboard service.
- Provide leadership and guest service guidance and support to Hotel Managers and galley personnel.
- Oversee development and execution of culinary directions, ensuring food philosophy is executed within appropriate budgetary guidelines.
- Oversee hotel training programs, identifying needs and coordinating execution of training for hotel and galley personnel and participates as appropriate.
- Implement cross training of shipboard personnel to provide a source of sustainable flexibility.
- Oversee and shepherd the orientation and training of new Hotel Managers.
- Ensure exemplary presentation of service personnel, including uniforms and appearance.
- Conduct Hotel Manager performance evaluations and coordinates feedback from Captains and Department Heads.
- Supervise Hotel-related Purchasing Managers and leads cost savings initiates with this team, as well as selects and implements product specifications for hotel operations.
- Responsible for shipboard profit centers’ quality and profitability.
- Work closely with the Marine operations team to ensure both maintenance, capex, drydock and newbuild project handoffs are seamlessly executed between departments.
- Coordinate shipyard projects and leads initiatives, obtaining quotes, planning budgets and executing work.
- Ensure shipboard signage and communication materials reflect LEX marketing materials in format and tone.
- Monitor all sources of guest feedback from comment cards, letters, and hotel manager reports, ship visits. Review all hotel related comments and makes sure remedial action is taken, where necessary, and also that the ships receive recognition when deserved.
- Other duties as required.
BA/BS degree, and 5+ year’s management experience within hospitality environment. Maritime shipboard experience required.
Using the English language, this person must have an ability to read, write, and comprehend policies, legal guidelines, correspondence, and memos. Must also possess exceptional communication skills --both in writing and orally—and the ability to persuade.
Proficient computer skills in the Windows operating system, including both word-processing and spreadsheet applications.
Excellent customer services skills required.
Strong skills in leadership, time management, handling multiple tasks, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines.
The ability to work independently as well as with others in a team environment.
Regular travel is required.
Job Type: Full-time