Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
It's More Than a Job, It's a Career
Construction Industries is primarily responsible for supporting customers using machinery in infrastructure and building construction applications. This includes business strategy, product design, product management and development, manufacturing, marketing and sales and product support. The segment’s product offerings span across three major divisions.
As a Cost Accountant for the Loaders business in Building Construction Products (BCP), you will advise and provide guidance to multiple functional areas and levels of authority. You will handle broader business issues such as New Product Introduction (NPI) financial analysis, establishing and monitoring target costs, forecasting future product costs, quantifying cost reductions and providing alternatives, and providing competitive analysis for sourcing decisions.
What You Will Do:
- NPI support including future cost, should cost and alternative analyses
- Determining Net Present Value (NPV) and Internal Rate of Return (IRR) for medium to high complexity projects
- Prime product and/or component cost monitoring & analysis
- Product group budgeting and expense analysis
- Capital expenditure forecasting and reporting
- Standard and current cost grief resolution
- Standard cost setting and analysis
- Regional profitability reporting & analysis
What You Have:
- Education/Experience: The position typically requires Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent/experience.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail: Understanding the necessity and value of accuracy; ability to complete tasks with high levels of precision.
- Analytical Thinking: Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis such as Net Present Value (NPV), Internal Rate of Return (IRR), etc.; ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve these problems.
- Effective Communications: Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Managing Multiple Priorities: Knowledge of effective self-management practices; ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Financial Analysis: Knowledge of tools and approaches of financial analysis such as Discounted Cash Flows (DCF), etc.; ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
What You Will Get:
- Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
- Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus. Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays.
- All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Additional Details :
- Location: Cary, NC; Clayton, NC, Sanford, NC
- Domestic relocation is available for those who qualify
- This is not a fully remote position
- Sponsorship is not available
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.
Relocation is available for this position.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .