JOB OPENING: Study Coordinator with the Division of General Internal Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine / Montefiore Medical Center
The Study Coordinator will work full-time on a study funded by the Laura and John Arnold Foundation to examine how medical cannabis use affects opioid analgesic use among people initiating medical cannabis use. The project will occur in 2 medical cannabis dispensaries, Vireo Health in Queens and White Plains, and will follow 352 participants over a 14-week period. Research visits will include computerized interviews, urine collection, and consent to release medical records will be obtained.
- Work with the Project Director (PD) and Principle Investigator (PI) to update study protocols and protocol amendments as needed, including the development of new measures.
- Work with the PD and PI to develop recruitment strategies and manage tracking database.
- Supervise participant computer-assisted self-interviews.
- Conduct in-depth qualitative interviews.
- Assist in managing data; perform regular audits to ensure that collected data are complete and accurate, and research protocols are being followed.
- Partner with IT and data management resources in the development and editing of databases.
- Assist in drafting reports, preparing conference abstracts, and presentations related to the project.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Educational Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1-2 years experience preferred in previous research or programmatic experience in public health or related field and experience working with similar populations.
Skills and Competencies
- As part of a team, must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities, work independently with minimal supervision, and adhere to study protocol.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, ACCESS, and Excel.
- Familiarity and comfort working with an HIV-infected population and population seeking medical marijuana.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills; detail oriented.
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein’s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty’s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state’s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein’s clinical faculty and training Einstein’s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 per year
- research: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19