Pittsburgh Glass Works (a Vitro Company), the #1 manufacturer and distributor of automotive glass in North America has an immediate opening for a Controls Engineer II. This position will be located at our fabricating plant in Elkin, NC.
We offer an exciting and fast paced working environment, challenging responsibility, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position is responsible for providing basic technological and engineering support to the plant's facilities, equipment, production processes and products to ensure reliability and optimum use of resources. The successful candidate will provide continuous improvements in the areas of safety, quality and value.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Design and implement basic assigned production process modifications and engineering projects to increase plant safety, quality, efficiency and to reduce variable costs.
- Develop project plans related to engineering assignments and assist in developing short and medium range plans, providing information for Project Expense requests and ACT's related to plant and process engineering (including basic technical information, vendor contract, review of technical data and performance of technical study projects) to assist in decision-making for expensed and capital project improvements.
- Utilize effective cost controls and sound engineering judgment in the timely planning and implementation of projects and other work assignments to contribute to plant productivity and profitability goals and objectives.
- Work with maintenance and production to provide technological guidance and assistance in developing equipment operational and maintenance procedures to ensure equipment can perform at optimum levels on a consistent basis.
- Utilize QIP, SPC and other such techniques and procedures in equipment/process design and in the establishment of vendor specifications and other work activities to contribute to continuous improvement activities and to best meet customer requirements.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
KNOWELDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred. Alternately, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Ceramic Engineering, or an equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in controls and automation (production and process experience preferred). Automotive experience is a plus; automotive glass experience is preferred.
- A working knowledge of computer aided-design equipment and computerized processes is preferred.
- PLC understanding, programming, function, use preferred.
- Fanuc Robot experience preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of glass cutting, edging and bending for the automotive industry is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to summarize and communicate results clearly.
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to lead and effectively participate in teams.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.