A highly motivated individual, accustomed to working with ultra-high net worth families, who will be responsible for the day-to-day financial management of the family businesses, as well as the coordinating with outside accounting firm on the family’s individual and business tax filings.
- Provide timely cash flow reports, financial statements, and other reports to the founders
- Implement policies, procedures and controls and maintain accurate record keeping.
- Supervise internal accounting team.
- Serve as intermediary between the family and their accountants, lawyers, bankers, and wealth managers with respect to financial, regulatory and tax issues.
- Research and analyze accounting issues that arise from family’s business initiatives and transactions, and establish robust accounting policies and procedures
- Coordinate and manage bill paying.
- Analyze, track and monitor the financial activities of the families’ investment real estate.
- Assist in evaluating ongoing business and real estate opportunities.
- Regularly evaluates, updates, and creates systems to improve work efficiencies
- Manage business and family loans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Licensed CPA
- 8+ years’ relevant work experience, to include in real estate industry
- Combination of business and personal accounting / tax background
- Experience with complex multi-generational estate planning and complex tax returns
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, and knowledge of basic accounting systems (Quickbooks, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possesses a high level of ethics, integrity, and dependability
- Thrives in a fast paced environment, being responsible for multiple projects at one time and appropriately prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented
- Proactively communicates
- Strong problem solving skills. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Possess ability to lead others
- Works best in a team environment, reaching out to peers and supervisors as needed to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
Job Type: Full-time
- Yardi: 3 years
- Accounting: 7 years
- Real Estate: 4 years