At Explorica, we work with teachers to build incredible international travel experiences and travel programs for their students and school. In addition to offering the guaranteed best prices in educational travel, we also provide scholarships, need-based financial assistance, and a variety of resources to ensure that every student is able to join their classmates on the trip of a lifetime. We help more than 400,000 students and teachers experience exceptional educational travel each year.
The sales team is a collaborative and development focused team that cares about, supports, and learns from each other.
What You’ll Do as an International Tour Consultant:
- Win new business and expand existing business within your assigned schools and territory
- Help teachers at the middle school and high school levels build and enhance their school's international travel programs
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities and manage all aspects of the sales cycle, from outbound prospecting to closing.
- Assess each prospect’s needs and goals, and clearly communicate our value proposition
- Prepare compelling proposals and navigate through decision-making processes to close business.
- Travel to occasional in-person meetings and industry conferences.
- Meet and exceed sales bookings targets and activity milestones.
- Improve the success of our team by proactively contributing new ideas, market feedback and successful sales strategies.
What you'll need to be successful:
- An entrepreneurial mindset – you’re driven, collaborative, competitive, and have a growth mindset
- Previous work experience in a customer facing role, such as in restaurants, bonus points for outbound calling experience!
- A love for traveling and belief in the value of travel in helping students understand the world
- Adaptable to frequently changing systems and workloads, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Well-organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple accounts and assignments simultaneously
- Active listening skills and curiosity to fully understand a prospect’s pain points before presenting our solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree (Still earning that degree? Grads are welcome to apply!)
- Be a nice person : )
Explorica is a progressive organization with strong values that align with our business goals. We care deeply about the growth and happiness of every member of our team. We believe that people work best when they are given a flexible but supportive work environment and thus strongly encourage creativity and new ideas from all employees. Joining our team means becoming part of a collaborative culture that values each individual’s opinions.
What's in it for you?
- Young, fun, but driven environment - happy hours & company outings
- We train you and promote from within. Our managers, directors, and VPs came up through the ranks
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match
- Generous Paid Time Off, including sick time
- Work a teacher's schedule and travel over the summer!
- Company paid travel opportunities after 6 months & every other year
- Located in downtown Boston and easily accessible from the T and commuter rail
Explorica is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, gender, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission