Job Summary: The Legal Secretary/Executive Assistant provides legal secretary support services and professional and personal executive assistance for a group of three employment law litigation attorneys in the firm’s Dallas office.
McGinnis Lochridge is a Texas-based firm providing quality legal services for more than 90 years. We work with individuals, small and medium-sized businesses, large enterprises, and multinational Fortune 500 corporations in more than 20 practice areas. From our offices in Austin, Dallas, and Houston, we represent clients throughout Texas and the U.S. McGinnis Lochridge offers competitive salary, paid training, parking allowance, full benefits, 401(k), profit sharing plan, paid leave time, and business casual work environment. Visit www.mcginnislaw.com for more information.
- Manage professional and personal calendars, telephone calls, email, mail, travel, and events
- Schedule and coordinate depositions, court reporters, and videographers
- Input information into a time and billing, customer relationship management, and document management systems
- Draft, type, format, and revise many different types of legal, agency, and business documents
- Calendar deadlines from incoming mail, pleadings, and hearings
- E-file in state and federal courts and make service on opposing parties
- Maintain files and indexes
- Backup up receptionist/administrative assistant as may be necessary in answering main phone, greeting guests, opening and/or closing office, and providing office support services
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10-15 years related experience, providing senior-level secretarial and executive assistance
- Proficient with local, state, and federal filing rules, elementary legal procedures, and legal and business terminology
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with any enterprise time and billing system, preferably Elite and WebView
- Familiar with any customer relationship management system, preferably SalesForce/OnePlace
- Familiar with any document management system, preferably iManage
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure
- Professional, polite, and positive client-centric attitude
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume. A cover letter (including salary expectation) is required, and applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. McGinnis Lochridge is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time