Oversee entire land development planning process for all assigned communities including: organizing, budgeting, and monitoring of various phases to maintain efficient operations. Responsibilities will include the following.
- Plan and direct the technical planning functions of each proposed community. Develop and implement construction guidelines for the business unit as they relate to land development.
- Assemble and update lists of consultants, contractors, and vendors approved to work. Prepare RFP’s and solicit proposals.
- Coordinate all public and private utility companies during the planning and construction phases of assigned communities. Negotiate, execute, and monitor contracts for both professional and construction services.
- Conduct initial site visits.
- Review and approve all technical documents prepared by professional consultants during the design process and prior to submission to governmental agencies.
- Prepare bid packages including construction plans, details, and specifications for all land development improvements and solicit bids.
- Negotiate, award, and execute contracts.
- Monitor compliance with established safety procedures, quality standards, and work schedules through regular site inspections.
- Monitor change orders and design problems and consult with architects, engineers, contractors, etc., as required to meet standards.
- Ensure that the community is built consistent with engineering drawings and construction specifications.
- Monitor bond reductions and releases.
- Attend public meetings on an as-needed basis.
- Prepare and monitor land development schedules for assigned communities to ensure home production milestones are met and all approval contingencies are satisfied.
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university with a background in Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Planning, or Construction Management preferred. 5 years minimum of land development experience is required. Successful candidate must maintain a valid driver's license.
K. Hovnanian is committed to supporting our staff, offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) plan with company match, life insurance, discounts on the purchase of our homes, appliances, and much more.
Search Firms Please Read Carefully:
K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any associate at K. Hovnanian via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of K. Hovnanian. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by K. Hovnanian as a result of the referral or through other means.