At the Kentucky Lottery, we want to make winners out of our players, retailers, students and our employees. We are looking for the best talent to join our winning team. If you want to be a part of an organization that has provided students in Kentucky with more than $3 billion in grants and scholarships, then we have an opportunity for you! Are you ready to fuel your imagination?
The Accounts Payable & Validations Supervisor supervises the accounts payable (A/P) and validations departments to ensure proper payment of all expenditures and winners’ claims incurred by the corporation. Manages all tax filing requirements, ensuring deadlines are met. Maintains processes for all accounts payable and validations related functions. Continually evaluates and updates policies as necessary to achieve efficient accounts payable and validations processing while maintaining appropriate internal controls.
- Supervises and assists A/P staff and maintains all accounting records for the A/P function. Verifies/determines general ledger distribution accounts and pays approved expenditures requested by check requests, expense reports, and purchase orders. Verifies and pays vendor invoices that are substantiated by receiving records or by other certification as necessary. Verifies/obtains proper approval for all expenditures. Analyzes and resolves problems or discrepancies with vendor payments. Issues checks weekly through the A/P system or manually upon request and necessity. Posts all system generated documents to ensure that all general ledger accounts are updated. Maintains vendor invoices, voucher records, and other data as required to support and verify payments. Issues cash advances and petty cash advances and balance the general ledger accounts accordingly. Performs all monthly A/P reconciliations. Balances the A/P cash account monthly to the disbursement log. Prepares all appropriate journal entries to document activities and forward to the General Accounting department for review and input. Prepares monthly register of accruals of outstanding purchasing invoices. Maintains and balances the corporate petty cash account and forward the reconciliation and remaining cash monthly to General Accounting for review and approval of petty cash reimbursement.
- Supervises and assists validations staff and maintains all accounting records for the validations function. Verifies/validates all presented tickets for payment at the corporate office. Ensures that all related claims documentation is complete and accurate. Processes payment in a timely and professional manner. Verifies/validates all presented tickets for payment through the mail. Verifies/validates all Cashing Agent claims processed via the telephone or the web. Reports policy violations to Retail Accounting and appropriate sales personnel. Processes Cashing Agent reimbursements daily. Balances all processed claims paid at the corporate office. Verifies all hard copy claim information received from Cashing Agents to claim system input. Reviews balancing information submitted by Regional Claim Offices. Assists regional offices when needed.
- Pays all appropriate taxes to federal and state government for all winner claims in the regulated time frame. Maintains and files all appropriate tax reports and forms. Maintains vendor and retailer records for tax reporting of 1099’s. Maintains winner records for tax reporting of W2G and 1042. Balances and transmits tax records to the IRS and Kentucky Revenue Cabinet. Prepares and submits the corporate winners withholding tax returns to the IRS and Kentucky Revenue Cabinet.
- Maintains jackpot winner files and issue payment of annual or quarterly installments. Coordinates with the legal department all records for assignments and maintain records of such.
- Researches and supplies any open records request information to the legal department.
- Maintains and issues payments to Kentucky Revenue Commission, Kentucky Child Support Division, and Kentucky Student Loans for debt set off collected through the claims process.
- Develops and updates A/P and validation policies and procedures, including business continuity action plans and processes.
- Assists in design, testing and implementation of all software enhancements or upgrades relating to the A/P and claims systems.
- Supplies all documents and information requested by audit/auditors related to A/P and validations.
- Generates bills to vendors for expenses incurred by KLC personnel which are reimbursable to the corporation. Maintains files on all payments received and forwards payment to General Accounting for deposit to the General Fund.
- Maintains cross-training in critical functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field. Five years of work experience in A/P and general ledger will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Two years’ supervisory experience, with demonstrated experience managing people and processes strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in A/P and general ledger. Must have good working knowledge of A/P and general ledger accounting software functionality.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Word software.
- Good working knowledge of federal and state tax withholding and reporting requirements.
- Must have demonstrated leadership, customer service, and team building skills.
- Proven skills in evaluating, developing, and implementing policies and procedures as they relate to accounts payable and validations functions.
- AP/Validations Coordinator
- Validations Coordinator
- Ability to lift 10 lbs: Occasionally
- Standing or sitting: Continuously
- Moving: Frequently
- Reaching, writing, fingering, typing: Continuously
- Talking and/hearing: Continuously
- Seeing: Must be able to read reports and use a computer: Continuously
- Sit for long periods of time: Continuously
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness program, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary benefit plans, generous paid time off plans, retirement plans – including 401(k), 457(b), IRAs, and a money purchase retirement plan in which the company contributes a portion of your base pay.
We will only contact candidates who match the qualifications for this role and who are selected for the next steps in the talent acquisition process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- A/P and general ledger: 3 years (Required)
- supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules