We are seeking anaccomplished senior human resources business partner with a solid background increating and implementing policies and procedures, overseeing labor relations, andsupporting management teams to attract, develop, and retain a high-performingworkforce for our California locations. The position reports to our VicePresident of Nursery with a dotted-line relationship to our corporate HumanResources Manager and will be based in Salinas, California.
1. Administers andimplements corporate human resources policies and procedures.
2. Supports themanagement team to define personnel and workforce needs.
3. Develops andimplements recruiting plans to fulfill defined personnel and workforce needs andworks closely with the company’s corporate recruiter to attract qualifiedcandidates.
4. Assists themanagement team in all aspects of effective employee relations.
5. Supports and provides guidance to the management team to assess employee performance gaps and establish criteria for success.
6. Worksclosely with the management team to develop and maintain job descriptions.
7. Administersand supports the implementation company-wide training programs in the areas of workplacesafety, compliance, supervision, and management.
8. Support themanagement team in the development of requisitions for open positions and recruitingand onboarding of qualified personnel.
9. Collects andmaintains all human resources records in designated corporate systems andlocations.
10. Providesguidance and consultation to the management team on employee relations' matters.Reviews and takes necessary steps in escalated employee relationship issues(e.g. involuntary terminations), and conducts thorough and objectiveinvestigations in coordination with the corporate Human Resources Manager.
11. Providesadvice and guidance to leadership on a variety of actions to include employeerelations issues, policy interpretation and application, workforce planning,talent management, and employee training.
12. Ensures compliance with local, state andfederal laws and regulations.
13. Performs other duties, as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a human resources or related field and 10 years of directly-related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. A strong background working with permanent and seasonal workforces in an agricultural setting, as well as labor contractors and temporary staffing firms.
3. Current and in-depth knowledge of best practices across all relevant human resources disciplines.
4. A demonstrated track-record of taking initiative, working independently, effectively navigating ambiguity, and performing effectively within an environment of demanding timeframes.
5. Ability and commitment to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
6. Advance knowledge of California and federal labor and employment laws in general and especially as they pertain to agricultural operations.
7. Flexibility to travel to different company locations, as needed.
8. Excellent communication, influencing, and conflict resolution skills. Bilingual (English/Spanish) language skills required.
9. Demonstrated proficiency with (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Gmail); knowledge of Paycor a plus.
Job Type: Full-time