We are Turning Point Brands, but you know us as Zig-Zag, Stoker’s and Beech-Nut. As a leading marketer in the Other Tobacco Products (OTP) segment, we sell and distribute a wide range of products to adult consumers, from iconic tobacco offerings to innovative vapor products and other alternatives to fulfill evolving consumer preferences. Employees in our Dresden, TN facility enjoy 12 Company-paid holidays, 401k matching, tuition reimbursement, Employer paid Short-term and Basic Life, fantastic group health.
Position is independently responsible for repairing, maintaining, and/or installing equipment as well as performing routine maintenance on equipment and performing electrical repairs throughout the facility. This is a non-exempt position that reports to the Supervisor of Maintenance & Construction as well as the Director of Engineering & Environmental Controls. This is primarily a first shift position with a typical shift of 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday - Thursday; however, overtime may be required. This position may be assigned special projects, as determined by the supervisor.
- Install and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, such as robots, conveyors and programmable controllers following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints, using precise measuring instruments and hard tools.
- Layout, assemble, install and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment; repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Plan layout of wiring and install wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in building and production equipment.
- Diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Install machinery and equipment according to blueprints and other specifications.
- Must have current Tennesee Limited Licensed Electrician License which must be kept current at all times.
- Must have minimum of five years manufacturing experience in maintenance department.
- Must be able to pass electrician competency test.
- Must be able to read electric schematics and troubleshoot electrical equipment and systems.
- Ability to operate a fork lift to move heavy machinery throughout the building.
- Ability to work on electrical apparatus and three phase high voltage supplies up to 480 Volts in a manufacturing setting.
- Ability to work on high pressure hydraulics apparatus.
- Ability to work on high pressure pneumatic apparatus.
- Ability to operate welding equipment.
- Ability to work with all type of electrical and pneumatic tools.
- Ability to operate all machine shop equipment such as Milling machine, Lathe, band saw, threading machine, Benders, etc. and associated tools.
- Computer skills and thorough familiarity with MS Office or other computer software;
- Must have good oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to work effectively work with key co-workers, including department managers, line operators, quality assurance personnel and contractors.
- Responsible for being knowledgeable of and acting in strict accordance with the requirements of all relevant laws, regulations, and Company policies, including, among other areas, Food and Drug Administration regulations.
- General awareness knowledge of the ISO9001 Quality Management System requirements, company Quality Policy and your contributions to the effectiveness of the QMS.
- HVAC experience is preferred.
- Machine shop experience is preferred.
- Fabrication skills and welding experience is preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb a ladder 10-12 feet and perform electrical and mechanical work.
- Ability to perform electrical and mechanical work on a scissor lift at various heights up to 35 feet.
- Ability to climb to the roof through the roof hatch ladder at 35’ height.
- Ability to stand, walk, and move around for seven hours during the workday.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors as required.
- Ability to work around raw tobacco with a tobacco odor.