Laboratory Automation Engineer at NephroSant Inc.
Brisbane, CA, US
NephroSant is a fast-paced diagnostic startup focused on applying the founding team’s years of clinical research expertise to improve global kidney health. Our mission is to translate the deep scientific and pathological insights into best-in-class noninvasive tests to address the hidden epidemic of chronic kidney disease which affects more than 10% of the world’s adult population.
NephroSant is looking for an experienced Automation Engineer to support the launch and growth of diagnostic testing in the area of kidney health. The Laboratory Automation Engineer will work as part of a team to develop, validate, implement, optimize, and supporting liquid handling instruments for our research and commercial laboratories. The successful candidate will have expertise in automating bench-top biochemical assays on liquid handling platforms. The Automation Engineer will design automated systems and contribute to improving laboratory operations and procedures. A successful Automation Engineer will recognize projects in the context of the overall process and be integral to their success by taking a cross-functional leadership role in providing automation expertise from project conception to completion.
- Develop, implement and validate automated laboratory processes with budget, timeline and efficiency in mind
- Research, procure, customize, and validate automation instrumentation
- Provide service support for analytical and automation equipment, including troubleshooting, routine maintenance, and calibration
- Design and develop integrated automation platforms to maximize usability and establish continuous improvement process to increase workflow efficiency
- Provide training to users for new instruments and methods
Background and Experience:
- BA/BS or MS in Engineering, Molecular Biology or Life Science with 2-5 years of experience in developing, troubleshooting, and optimizing liquid handling systems (Agilent, Hamilton, Beckman, or Tecan) and other automated instrumentation
- In-depth knowledge of automated nucleic acids extraction and ELISA laboratory workflows is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a regulated laboratory environment and is familiar with design control, performing validation studies and driving process development
- Understanding of laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and requirements of operating a CLIA/CAP accredited laboratory and related FDA regulations.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in a MS Office, general purpose programming languages (e.g. VB/VBA/VBS, Python, Perl, R, C++/C#)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; experience writing technical reports strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in dependently as well as in a matrix team environment
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
Full Time Opportunity:
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19