Inspire HR is proud to be seeking applicants for one of our local clients. This Financial Analyst position is with an East Valley insurance broker with decades of committed service in Arizona.
The successful candidate will:
Develop and maintain client specific financial and claims analysis reports.
Create annual/quarterly budgeting and re-forecasts to include detailed explanations of variances for client health and welfare plans (active medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, life, retiree, medical/dental, and other plans as necessary).
Works with internal client account teams and external partners in:
- Budgeting, analysis, strategy and design of self-funded health plans
- Analyzing IBNR reserves
- Developing COBRA Rates
- Builds and maintains financial models to support client account teams, to include other financial analyst staff; mentors and trains colleagues, as necessary.
- Assists and implements strategies and plans which support health and welfare benefit plan objectives
- Learns and develops new tools to assist with problem solving studies.
- Provides technical research and analysis on benefit issues
- Stays abreast of local and national trends and regulatory issues surrounding benefit plan design and administration; uses such information to in development of client benefit strategies and financial analysis.
- Assists account teams with managing benefit vendors and carriers, as well as day to day benefit administration support as needed.
- Interfaces directly with colleagues on benefits and financial questions and concerns.
- Participates in face-to-face client and vendor meetings as required.
- Project management of special benefits projects
- Maintains positive working relationships with co-workers, clients and insurance carriers.
- Provides timely, accurate, courteous, and appropriate responses to co-workers, clients and insurance carriers.
- Assists client teams in meeting HIPAA, ERISA, PPACA and all other employee benefit related compliance regulations.
- Recommends strategic and tactical initiatives based upon data analyzed and the financial results thereof.
- Develops financial support for client recommendations for enhancements/changes to existing plans/programs
- Evaluates retiree plan options.
- Evaluates plan renewals and assists with vendor negotiations.
- Coordinates the review and negotiation of contract provisions between insurance carriers and other service providers and the client; Coordinates the execution of plan documents, service agreements and other renewal acceptance and contracts
- Gathers, analyzes, and summarizes data, surveys, market trends and projections for client analysis; develop metrics as needed for budgeting and financial analysis
- Identifies and documents data and analytic sources available through current employee benefits vendors and serviced clients.
- Maintains employer and plan specific data on benefit plans and programs
- Participates in client financial and program strategy meetings among client executives and client vendors/carriers
- Acts as a liaison with clients, other client advisors, carriers and vendors on various matters such as plan design, contracts, regulatory requirements, coverage and renewals
- Acts as a resource to internal account teams, local management in addressing various benefit matters
- Prioritizes work of others, interprets procedures, ensures daily operations are maintained, takes steps to modify schedules and train assigned employees. Act as a role model and provide developmental and educational training to team members members
- Employs company policies and procedures to execute all job related responsibilities.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to, having:
- Thorough understanding of standard underwriting procedures
- Understands and analyzes employee benefit coverages without assistance
- Strong programming skills and knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with coworkers, clients, prospects, and vendors
- Effectively presents to client executives, client teams, and others in small or large groups
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to listen, understand and address client needs and concerns in the processes.
- Perceives client needs and takes initiative to support those needs
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Takes ownership of problem-solving opportunities
- Is multi-tasked oriented and prioritizes work, voluntarily extends hours, and/or solicits additional resources when necessary to ensure timely completion of tasks.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- Minimum 5-7 years experience, preferably in a life/health, employee benefits or carrier/provider organization, is required.
- A high school diploma is required and a college degree is preferred.
- Active Life & Health insurance license is preferred.
- The ability to work regular core hours Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. is required.
This employer offers a full benefit package for their employees with generous PTO plan to start!
Job Type: Full-time
- Insurance: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)