Emporos – Senior Database Engineer, Charlotte, NC
Emporos is taking off!
The pharmacy continues to evolve as a critical provider of patient care in today’s world of healthcare, and every day millions of patients are safely and securely receiving life-saving medications from a point-of-sale (POS) powered by Emporos. Our expertise has created the safest and most efficient pharmacy POS in the industry, and we are just getting started.
We’re looking for a Senior Database Engineer who is excited to solve hard problems related to mobile, payments, and healthcare in a collaborative and supportive team environment.
We're profitable, growing, and well-funded, so we have the luxury of being able to invest in whatever will best serve the long-term value of the company, and we know the best investment we can make is in our employees and the resources to help them be successful.
How our product works…
- Emporos builds a client-server POS system focused on retail, outpatient pharmacies
- Our POS uses OPOS (POS.NET) for interaction with standard POS hardware like cash drawers, receipt printers, and payment devices
- POS integrates with three credit card gateways that provide point-to-point encryption (P2PE), which helps keep MerchantSoft out of PCI Scope
- MerchantSoft Enterprise platform is built with the .NET Core 2 framework; an upgrade to .NET Core 3 is in the works
Your responsibilities will include…
- Plan, design, and build scalable real time data solutions for the next generation of our pharmacy POS platform
- Work with platform Product Engineers to improve performance, stability, and availability of our MS SQL Server databases
- Help manage our production MS SQL Server databases; improve monitoring, performance, schema change processes
- Evangelize best data practices among the engineering help and help internal education
- Work together with DevOps Engineers to improve our Azure data infrastructure
You’ve got what we are looking for if you have…
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience architecting and building large scale DBMS systems
- Deep SQL expertise, knowledge, and at least 5-7 years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server and Azure SQL databases
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language (PowerShell preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience in a fast paced, agile startup environment
- Passion for building high quality software
- Exposure to NoSQL databases is preferred
We are a great place to work because we provide….
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 4% company matching contribution
- Employer sponsored healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Employer contributions healthcare HSA funds
- Financial support for continuing education, professional development, and sponsorship for conferences
We embrace an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We want you to have fun here! Come join us and let’s build really cool things together. If we sound fun and interesting to you, please apply with some links (e.g. GitHub, Twitter) or attachments (e.g. non-public code, technical writings) that will help us understand your background.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity