IQ Inc. is searching for an awesome Agile Scrum Product Owner.
IQ Inc. provides custom software engineering services
for companies with highly-engineered products. When these companies need support during peaks in their product development road-maps, IQ is their long-term, collaborative partner, having all employees in Greater Pittsburgh.
You will be working as part of a software product development team using software applications that are mainly web-based. You will also act as a liaison between the software development team and Product Marketing. You will learn the features of the assigned product family, what users of the product want to accomplish, what features users value, and the important aspects of the systems, applications & devices that interact with the software application.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Serve as Product Owner to one or more Scrum agile development teams.
- Write requirements specifications for computer applications that are unambiguous, testable, and verifiable.
- Interact directly with end users (clinicians, homecare health providers, etc.), Software Engineers, Project Managers, and Marketing Managers.
- Transfer information in the form of product and/or system requirements from Product Marketing to Software Developers and Test Engineers.
- Engage with the Engineering team throughout the development process to ensure that marketing requirements are accurately implemented as features in the product.
- Create use cases, user stories, acceptance criteria and other forms of requirements documentation
- Trace product requirements through the design, implementation and test phases of development
- Prepare product and functional specifications.
- Manage requirement change requests in relation to the project plans to ensure agreed upon deadlines are met.
- Distinguish between customer requests and needs.
- Assist in the creation of user and system test plans.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with internal customers and other relevant groups.
Applicants with equivalent degrees such as a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or Quantitative Business Analysis will also be considered
- Experience as a BUSINESS ANALYST for at least 2 years for a software
- The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of experience on a software development team but not necessarily a programmer.
- Agile and Scrum experience
- Experience as a member of a software development team that was following Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university is required.
- Since a Business Analyst is a mix between Business/Marketing skills and Computer Science/IT skills, one of the following is preferred: 1) A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or software related program along with an MBA, or 2) A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Marketing with extensive experience with the process of developing computer software.
Sound interesting? Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org today
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.