PSC Group is now hiring entry level Loaders, Rail Switching Operators & Wash Rack Technicians to join our team! This is a regular full-time, essential position with potential advancement opportunities. If you're looking for a stable, long-term career in a booming industry, then consider joining the PSC family!
12 Hour Rotating Shift (Days/Nights/Weekends/Holidays)
$20.00 - $25.00 an hour
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Rail Switching Operator:
Wash Rack Technician:
- Examines track list to determine which railcars are to be spotted, loaded, and/or shipped
- Separates inbound railcars and spots the railcar for loading/discharge
- Pulls and separates loaded railcars that will be shipped from those that have been preloaded
- Ensures that DOT certification for weight on outbound loads is not exceeded
- Opens and inspects all railcar hatches for excessive product
- Installs and lowers wash heads with air hoist, centers heads with opening in hopper car
- Inspects and removes debris from railcars and completes documentation
- Coordinates with rail switch crew to remove cleaned cars and spot dirty for washing
- Completes any other duties that may be assigned to complete the job
- Ensures that the vessel is secured and inspected at the loading rack.
- Transfers product according to procedures.
- Checks product / vessel weight to ensure limitations do not exceed.
- Completes required paperwork prior to releasing the vessel.
- Communicates with site leadership, team members and customer contacts.
- Completes any other duties that may be assigned to complete the job.
- Experience is a plus but not required, and paid on-the-job training is available
- May require a valid Driver's License and / or a valid TWIC card, depending on work location
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, PSC Group has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at PSC Group - Career Videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at PSC Group - Newsletter.
- Our Core Values serve as the foundation for all we do—how we conduct our business, serve our customers, and treat members of our PSC family. Learn more at PSC Group - Core Values.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The above job description does not reflect all essential job functions or physical requirements.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PSC Group, formerly known as Petroleum Service Corporation, is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.