As a Maintenance Technician at our plant in Monroe, OH, this role completes advanced mechanical and electrical repairs and makes adjustments as needed, and must have an advanced understanding of both mechanical and electrical maintenance with the ability to troubleshoot problems. This position must have(Multi Craft) with ability to complete work with little or no direction in an efficient and safe manner throughout the facility. The role may be asked to perform basic machining. A successful candidate is a self-motivated problem-solver that utilizes a strong work ethic to ensure all maintenance quality levels are met.
- Performs advanced preventative maintenance on all machinery as assigned.
- Makes advanced repairs and adjustments to mechanical and electrical devices.
- Successfully troubleshoots mechanical and electrical problems.
- May perform basic machining duties.
- Completes welding and fabrication tasks with little direction.
- Accountable for entering data into maintenance system timely and accurately.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Initiates and installs improvement projects.
- Performs basic failure root cause investigation.
- Modifies PLC and HMI programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, plumbing and code books
- Advanced knowledge of AC/DC motor drives, PLC and SLC controllers and motor control circuits
- Advanced mechanical, welding and cutting skills
- Should be capable of reading mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic prints
- Good problem solving skills, safety practices and attention to quality
- Advanced workbench and computer skills.
- Proficient amount of electrical knowledge
- Intermediate math skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED
- 3-5 years maintenance experience
- May Require CPR and First Aid training
- Lockout/tagout, fall protection, PPE, confined spaced training
High School Diploma or equivalent
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they’re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We’re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE:
WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status.