- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate's Degree
- Clean Driving Record
- Early Childhood Education
- Physical Examinations
- Driver's License
- CPR Certification
4Kids 2Kids, STRTP Looking to fill residential counselor positions ASAP, must be able to pass a live scan, and or have an exemption.
> Shifts available: 7-3 pm, 3-11 and some weekends same times.
> On call staff also needed to be ready to come in to fill in when counselors have to call out or need days off.
Residential Counselors duties:
- Supervision, protection, and care of client’s and non-minor client’s individually and in groups always.
- Assist each client in working with a group and handling individual problems.
- Know and implement the 4K2K point system which assists our client’s in learning how to set limits and manager their behavior.
- Note clients progress daily at the end of each shift in extended reach program on staff computer. Relay to professional staff any additional needs for clients.
- Assistance with provision of or access to core services, supports, daily activities,emotional and social supports as necessary.
- Reports to Facility Manager in making recommendations to address identified problems.
- Provides transportation during shift hours, depending on shift. School, Doctors, work, outings etc. (4K2K provides vehicle)
- Administers medications as needed
- Ratio is 1:3 (1staff to 3 clients) at 4K2K meaning there are always 2 staff on duty.
- Must fill out Incident Reports when necessary
- Must be organized and able to stick to a schedule and hold clients accountable to evening groups, counseling, chores etc, in a kind, caring, way.
- Complete chores if client is refusing
- Know each client’s treatment program while in the 4K2K program and assist accordingly with holding client accountable to program goals.
Must have the following qualifications:
At least 21 years or older.
Associates Degree or equivalent years of experience
Ability to supervise, evaluate and implement resident’s Needs and Services Plans.
Crisis Intervention strategies and trainings
Clear Live Scan background check or Current Criminal Exemption
And meet ONE of the following standards:
Have a Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree
- Have a valid Child Development Teaching Permit
- Have completed 12 semester units of Early Childhood Education, Adolescent Development, or Foster and Kinship Care Education and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth
- Have a valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor or Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth
- Have a valid Vocational Training certificate, credential or documentation demonstrating that the individual is a trade journeyperson who instructs children and non-minor dependents in vocational skills and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth or have previously been employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short term residential therapeutic center for at least one year.
- Have relevant experience as determined by the department to meet any of the above requirements.
Clean DMV print out
Valid Driver’s License
Pass Health Screening
Current TB (within the last year)
Current CPR/First Aid Certifications
Job Type: Full-time
- Group home: 1 year (Required)