We are a friendly team providing primary care services for over 30 years to our community. We offer excellent benefits, generous time off, competitive pay including an additional $150/month compensation for bilingual Spanish-English skills, and a welcoming and friendly work environment. Come join our team of dedicated and compassionate staff!
The Office Support Specialist is responsible for providing point of contact public relations and administrative support in an ambulatory family practice setting. The Office Support Specialist should have a good knowledge of medical terminology, electronic health records, phone systems, and current office practices. This position requires good communication skills with emphasis on providing outstanding customer service and must support clinic philosophy and goals and adhere to clinic policies and procedures. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday with occasional Saturdays.
- General reception duties that include greeting patients, offering assistance, and answering phones/routing calls
- Scheduling and confirming appointments for providers including reserving necessary resources appropriately
- Initiating telephone encounters, entering and verifying demographic and insurance information, and providing excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, and staff
- Open/close office daily and occasionally on Saturdays as clinic operations warrant
- General reception duties that include greeting patients and offering assistance as well as answering phones and routing calls.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for providers and reserve necessary resources.
- Answer questions and direct patients to appropriate party/information.
- Initiate telephone encounters and forward appropriately.
- Enter and verify demographic and insurance information.
- Collect copays and post payments received.
- Prepare daily reconciliation.
- Open office each day and prepare/monitor beverages and supplies for hospitality bar
- Responsible for state of reception and waiting area.
- Complete forms, gather statistics, distribute/collect surveys and other materials as needed.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Various other administrative responsibilities.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
High school diploma and/or one or more years of customer service or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Fluency in English and Spanish languages is strongly preferred. Bilingual staff receive additional $150/month.
Experience with electronic health records is preferred. Experience with Epic is preferred. Has basic computer job skills including logging on to systems, ability to communicate by email, ability to compose documents, enter database information, create presentations, download forms, and preserve/backup important data.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Personal protective equipment provided or required
COVID vaccination required
Plastic shield at work stations
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning proce
- Epic/EHR: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location