The Applications Analyst analyzes, designs, tests, debugs, integrates, implements, trains, maintains and supports healthcare and business related computer systems. Establishes and maintains a professional relationship with users so that information technology needs are appropriately addressed. Works with users to analyze system needs, translates identified needs into functional and technical specifications, and develops technology solutions to resolve application process challenges/problems.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
2. *Analyzes, develops, modifies and maintains application processes and technologies, utilizing software tools proprietary to the applications as appropriate.
3. *Converts user specifications into functional and technical specifications; assists and/or develops the building of requests; develops implementation timeframes.
4. *Establishes professional relationship with users to enhance their experiences with Bryan Health System technology and computer systems.
5. *Anticipates the impact new or modified software will have on existing standards and systems.
6. *Troubleshoots computer issues, to include processes/workflow, hardware and software related problems; resolves user calls in a timely manner; responds to escalation of specified issues and determines appropriate resource for resolution.
7. *Writes and reviews system documentation to describe system processes, installation and operating procedures for systems; provides training material and may write user manuals and create other user-specific training manuals as appropriate.
8. *Apply standard testing methodology to the review and test of new and modify systems with detailed testing scripts
9. *Commits to the continuous improvement of the patient experience, which includes patient safety, quality of care and excellent service.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Responsible for conducting the gap analysis between the future state and current state business/clinical workflows
2. Assists the stakeholders in identifying the change management efforts required to ensure adoption of the new technology, or clinical process change critical for effective preparation of the clinical sites or business offices to ensure smooth deployment of the Epic system.
3. Ensures bi-directional communication with end users and project team with the right message to the right audience at the right time.
4. Conducts clinical validation testing of data imported into the EHR system.
5. Works with report writers to ensure the application has the necessary reports.
6. Coordinates across clinical application teams, entities and SMEs to define integrated clinical workflows with lab, radiology, pharmacy, ambulatory, inpatient, patient portal, etc.
7. Coordinates with Revenue Cycle application teams to define integrated workflows with ADT, scheduling and billing.
8. Coordination with Technical team to configure and maintain the interface between the application and the dispensing hardware (i.e. Pyxis) or bedside monitors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates or technical degree in a medical, allied health area of study (e.g. nursing, radiology, and laboratory) or business area of study (finance, information management) required. Bachelor's degree in healthcare or business related field preferred. Minimum of two (2) years experience in related healthcare or business area required.
Minimum of two (2) years experience in the analysis, design, implementation, support, and maintenance of computer systems preferred. Preferred previous experience with implementing, configuring and/or supporting vendor supplied software, ideally Epic.
OTHER CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS:
Epic certification required within four months of hire. Must have internet connectivity off-premises in order to respond to work requests when necessary