We are looking for the most enthusiastic music tastemakers to join Songtradr’s global content team Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA.
As a Music Curator, you will focus on supporting our growth by providing curated selections of music from the Songtradr marketplace. The successful candidate will be exceptionally supportive and willing to learn, highly adaptable to the team’s needs, able to shift gears quickly and be passionate about ensuring customers receive the best possible music for their needs. Please note this is an entry-level position.
Songtradr’s mission is to create access to music for everyone, everywhere, around the world — to make music, share music, license music, and listen to music. Our agnostic philosophy and technology invites the entire music industry to participate and collaborate — from artists to music platforms, to licensees and listeners — there are no competitors, only participants. We are the global ecosystem for music.
In this role you will:
- Leverage your musical expertise to discover, select, organize, and present the music from the Songtradr marketplace to internal and external users.
- Serve as an expert of the music available on the Songtradr marketplace
- Conduct music searches to identify and present music for use by our customers who submit creative briefs
- Develop and maintain playlists and various content pools for on-platform and specific customer use
- Have the creativity and ability to solve problems and be proactive in finding solutions.
- Assist existing staff on projects as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music or related field preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in a creative support role with notable successes.
- 1+ years of experience in music licensing or content role preferably with a music platform, publisher or label.
- You communicate very well verbally and in written form with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
- Experience working in a startup, entrepreneurial culture highly preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, artist service environment.
- Take pride in your work and have a positive attitude.
- Most importantly, you share our core values
- Respectfully Collaborative - Willingness to work with others in a respectful and thoughtful manner while aligning with goals.
- Creative Solutions - An ability to present solid and workable solutions with courage, integrity, creativity, and passion, to benefit the matter at hand and company as a whole.
- Good Business for All - A solid understanding of the business side of music and why it’s necessary and a positive component for all.
- Humbly Confident - No ego, quietly confident, modest, no BS.
- Diligently Driven - Committed dedication to a task or challenge, seeing through to completion and/or solution while maintaining a set goal/target and progressing the company in the right direction.
Due to the nature of our business, you may be exposed to potentially offensive lyrics and/or video content.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job. Team members may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills and perform other related work as required.
We are a passionate group of musicians, thinkers, builders, coders, business professionals and artist advocates with a simple mission; to revolutionize the process of exchanging music rights and provide unparalleled value for the creative classes. Our world-class content management system arms music-makers with a comprehensive set of tools and services to professionally manage their careers, while our automated marketplace and talented music supervisors streamline the music discovery and licensing process. For more information, visit songtradr.com. Songtradr is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects