What You Will Do:
As one of the largest heart centers in Maryland, we perform diagnostic and interventional cardiac and peripheral procedures. Our department consists of six state-of-the-art catheterization labs supported by a Prep and Recovery Unit. We are staffed with critical care nurses, radiology technologists and registered cardiovascular invasive technicians. Non-physician staff report to the PCC/SCC who work under the direction of the cath lab manager. We are proud to work with a talented group of physicians and are gratified by the excellent work we accomplish together.
The Cardiac Cath Specialist is responsible for assisting with comprehensive care to patients in the
Cath Lab by applying nursing methods and modalities in an organized and systematic manner according to
established hospital/department policies.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Technical School / 2 years College / Associates Degree (Required)
4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
Certification / Licensure / Registration:
- ACLS Certification within 1 year of hire (Required)
- BLS Certification (Required)
- CVT graduates have one year to acquire their RCIS Certification. Radiological Techs have one year to
acquire their CV or RCIS Certification. (Required)
- Dysrhythmia / Critical Care course (Required)
- Maryland State RN Licensure or license reciprocity in MD, current RCIS Certification, Maryland RT License,
AART registration (Required)
Experience and Skills:
Strong Verbal Communications Skills, Strong Written Communications Skills, Excellent
Interpersonal Skills, General Clerical Skills, Excellent Organizational Skills, Strong Customer Services Skills
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.