The Wait Staff is responsible for serving food in a friendly and courteous manner. Wait Staff need to have a spirit of service and a helpful attitude. Performs a variety of duties in and around the dining area and kitchen. Reports to: Dining Services Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the basic functions of the position. While every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of the position, it in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Make resident satisfaction the number one priority.
- Serve meals to residents, family members and visitors in a professional, dignified, efficient and courteous manner.
- Assure compliance with all proper serving techniques/etiquette (e.g., serving from left, clearing used dishes between courses, etc.)
- Assist residents with menu selections as needed.
- Accurately and professionally take residents and guests’ food and beverage orders.
- Verify food prepared matches items ordered on POS. Ensure food orders reflect special requests, including menu substitutions.
- Identify how various menu items are prepared, ingredients, and cooking methods especially for daily specials for residents and guests.
- Ensure that plates are presentable before serving. Bring and serve food using large oval trays and tray stands; and preparing to-go or delivery orders appropriately.
- Serve as a liaison with kitchen and dining room staff to make corrections or adjustments to orders as necessary.
- Track residents’ attendance at meals.
- Deliver meals to resident rooms as required.
- Prepare dining room prior to each meal by performing necessary cleaning and stocking (salt shakers, pepper shakers, sugar bowls).
- Check dining room stock and nourishments. Pull old items and restock as necessary.
- Clean tables and chairs after meals and pick up floor areas.
- Bus tables and return all dishes to the kitchen.
- Maintain clean and sanitary work environment at all times.
- Report equipment safety issues to Culinary Services Director or Dining Services Manager.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Obtain Food Handlers Card as required.
- Wait Staff experience preferred.
- Demonstrates genuine concern for the physical and emotional needs of older people and their families. Maintains a positive attitude in all situations. Demonstrates an awareness and concern for resident safety at all times.