This Epic Cadence Application Analyst supports one or more healthcare products or applications including day-to-day operational issues, break/fix, configuration, maintenance, upgrades and on-call rotations under occasional guidance.
Designs, builds, installs, configures, and/or develops software to support clinical and operational workflows.
Analyzes clinical or operational workflows supported by the assigned products and their relationship to the technical environment in which they operate.
May perform analysis and design of supporting technical infrastructures.
Supports clinical, revenue, or operational implementations for assigned products which may also include testing and QA, reporting, product life cycle, communication/collaboration with customers and vendors, and training users.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
DEPARTMENT / UNIT SUMMARY:
HealthIT provides the best health information technology tools that support Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s mission of:
Delivering distinctively personalized care
Improving the health care of individuals and communities regionally, nationally and internationally
Providing transformative learning programs
Supporting compelling discoveries
Our tools, which form the digital arteries of VUMC, are either developed in-house by our innovative product teams or selected from the most cutting-edge solutions available in today’s ever-changing marketplace. Our 500 colleagues provide ongoing support over each product’s entire lifespan, ensuring that the tools are meeting the evolving needs of the Medical Center’s 24,000 colleagues.
Our solutions are driven by the incredible work and research of our colleagues throughout Vanderbilt and supported through a close partnership with VUMC Information Technology (VUMC IT). The strong collaboration among our teams means that VUMC can respond to clinical and operational issues with agility and innovation. Together, we ensure VUMC remains a leader in its pioneering use of healthcare information technology.
Underscoring our entire department are our core values of accountability, transparency and execution, delivered with a strong Partner Promise.
PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE (NOVICE):
- Understands the product in relation to other company products. Has general knowledge of the competition for the product in the marketplace. Understands the product life cycle from development through sales and customer support. Can describe product features and benefits using key product terminology.
BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE (NOVICE):
- Understands customers' business operations beyond single issues driving a project. Demonstrates the ability to apply functional business knowledge to successfully meet work objectives. Has worked closely with knowledgeable users and customers in meeting their business needs. Demonstrates a good sense of the business when dealing with others. Critically evaluates the customer implications of technological advances. Knows and monitors the competition. Able to interpret business data.
PROBLEM MANAGEMENT (NOVICE):
- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate knowledge of Incident Tracking and Problem Reporting in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Writes problem reports that contain all of the necessary information for clear, non-antagonistic communication to those responsible for fixing problems. Can effectively explain how to reproduce and analyze errors, as well as identify the type of error including coding, design issue and hardware. Makes simple suggestions for correction.
TECHNICAL ANALYSIS - (NOVICE):
- Knows most major/common assigned product group functions. Demonstrates ability to analyze and develop solutions to moderately complex clinical, operational, and/or technical issues related to assigned product(s). Capable to design, build, configure, install, run reports, and perform maintenance support as instructed. Successfully handles basic break/fix service issues. Demonstrates ability to break down work into manageable and measurable units. Organizes work and meets deadlines.
CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT AND PLANNING - (NOVICE):
- Competent to apply changes or develop new functions based on understanding of the design of the system. Collaborates with knowledgeable users and customers in meeting their business needs. Participates in basic configuration management planning. Manages tasks, schedules activities, and organizes work to meet plan deadlines. Critically evaluates implications of technological changes. Able to interpret business data as it applies to configuration management.
TESTING - (NOVICE):
- Competent to develop new and execute pre-designed program test data, load testing, and ensures validity of data passed among programs. Understands and uses quality assurance processes, tools, and scripts for testing purposes.
Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work:
Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge:
Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
Develops Self and Others:
Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
Builds and Maintains Relationships:
Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
Serves Others with Compassion:
Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
Solves Complex Problems:
Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
Offers Meaningful Advice and Support:
Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
Performs Excellent Work:
Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
Ensures Continuous Improvement:
Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements:
Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
Stewards Organizational Resources:
Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
Makes Data Driven Decisions:
Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
Generates New Ideas:
Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
Adapts to Change:
Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children’s Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare’s Most Wired: Among the nation’s 100 “most-wired” hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker’s Hospital Review: named as one of the “100 Great Hospitals in America”, in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children’s hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience)
2 years relevant experience with Epic Cadence or similar patient access system
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
to verify these you can visit our job description website: https://app.jdms.io/?sso=vumc. We do not use links to physical demands.