D’Evelyn Junior/Senior High School
Junior/Senior High French Instructor .4 position (part time)
D’Evelyn is an “option” school, offering students a rigorous and disciplined education in the liberal arts. The D'Evelyn Program is based on the belief that all students, not just an elite group, should be held to rigorous academic and behavioral standards, and that all students can achieve in a challenging program. We believe the purpose of education is to convey an essential body of cultural knowledge to the next generation, and that a solid liberal arts education is required in order for all citizens to be effective participants in their communities. The comprehensive textbook-oriented curriculum is aligned both vertically and horizontally.
The school’s operational philosophy emphasizes the “team approach” to management. Applicants should be committed to supporting this program, which is described in detail in the D’Evelyn Jr./Sr. High School April 1994 Program Document. Before submitting an application, candidates are strongly encouraged to read this document, a complete copy of which is posted online. To access this document, follow the links from the school web site: http://jeffcoweb.jeffco.k12.co.us/high/develyn/index.html > Our Program, > D’Evelyn Founding Document.
As a member of the Foreign Language department, our ideal candidate will be capable of providing instruction in French level I and level II. The ability to provide instruction in Spanish would be a valuable asset for an applicant; however, we will select the best candidate with expertise in French instruction. It is expected that the teacher selected will also assist students with development of essential oral and written skills which are incorporated into the curriculum. This educator will be part of a curriculum delivery team working closely with one additional French teacher and five additional Spanish Teachers. Familiarity and commitment to pacing guides, common assessments, and collaborative instructional planning are imperative for members of our faculty. We are looking for an individual who demonstrates:
- Belief in teacher-directed, whole group instruction and well organized classroom activities.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with administration, staff, parents, and students and the desire to work together with all of these educational stakeholders as a team.
- Belief in a strictly enforced behavior code.
- Belief in educational choice and the ability to effectively function in an environment that includes a high degree of accountability, direction, and parental involvement.
- Proficiency in the areas of grammar, composition, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of and alignment with D’Evelyn’s philosophy and Program Document.
- Demonstrate strong content mastery, lesson planning skills, and classroom and time management skills.
- Exhibit a desire to work in a collaborative, liberal arts, college preparatory, and textbook-based environment.
In order to be considered for an interview, an applicant must satisfy all of the following requirements AND email all items to: email@example.com
no later than 24 hours after the deadline for submitting the District’s online application:
containing contact information for at least three professional references
, one must be from your current supervisor (we will not contact them without first letting you know).
Cover letter explaining applicant’s interest in D’Evelyn
One page statement of applicant’s educational philosophy. Please include your thoughts on the curriculum, instruction, and pedagogy that you support and how it relates to the D’Evelyn Founding Document.
Three letters of reference
Transcripts covering the applicant’s entire post-secondary education. The transcripts must show either a major or minor in French, with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 in the major or minor, or an advanced degree in French, with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 in the courses taken for the advanced degree.
All required Colorado teaching license(s) or evidence that the requisite license will be acquired prior to the first day of employment at the school.
Complete and submit an online District application (including resume) by the District’s deadline.
If you have any concerns meeting the deadlines noted above or questions regarding the application requirements PLEASE call the school.