NWP Associate Director of Student Services
Description of Job Responsibilities
- Supervision of PowerSchool Student Data System, including Report Card and Progress Report Verifications, Master Schedule and Student Class Enrollment
- Oversees Special Education services.
- Coordinates Special Education related services with outside agencies for Speech Language Services, Counseling, etc.
- Coordinates Testing Schedule with Director of School Organization.
- Supervises and evaluates the School Counselors
- Serve as the McKinney-Vento Liaison for the school
- Serve as the DASA Coordinator for the school
- Provides individual and group counseling services to meet the developmental, preventive, and remedial needs of students both inside and outside of classroom. Each student should be seen individually minimally for 4 planned progress and goal setting, reviewing and next steps sessions each year.
- Consult with students, parents, teachers, and other school and community personnel to assist in meeting the needs of students
- Assist parents in addressing school related problems and issues. Refer students and their parents, as needed, to appropriate specialists, special programs and/or outside agencies
- Oversee the development of the school’s Advisory/University Prep curriculum incorporating academic, educational, career, personal, social and emotional literacy skills components by the grade level counselors.
- Assist in the arrival, breakfast, lunch, in-between class transitions, enrichment, and dismissal, making sure students are always where they are supposed to be and ensuring a professional school culture at these times
- Facilitate Common Planning Time for Kid Talk Sessions, using academic and behavioral data as points for interventions necessary to improve academic performance and social-emotional development
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of the Advisory Program.
- Proactively circulate throughout classrooms, hallways and other common areas during the day, to gain valuable context on school culture and facility needs in order to promote a safe and positive learning environment.
- Participate in Board Meetings as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Work with the President, Principal and DSO to review and update employee policies, procedures and staff/student handbooks.
- Work with the DSO to administer and collect student records for all students including immunizations records, lunch applications, home language surveys, emergency contact forms, etc.
- To work with the Principal, DSO and other staff members to assist in the preparation for and running of school wide events, such as Back to School Night, Parent teacher Conferences, Graduation, Honor Roll Assemblies, Talent Show, etc.
- Act as a resource for teachers in their instructional practice, especially as it relates to student development, issues of discipline, relationships with and between students, classroom management, school culture, etc.
- Support teachers to hold all students to high and consistent behavioral expectations that nurture the school’s mission and values.
- Assist with professional development planning and implementation regarding positive student behavior
- Assist teachers, students, and parents in the effective creation and implementation of individual behavior plans
Communication, School Management and Systems Development:
- Help to reinforce the effective use of the Kickboard school-wide behavior plan, including managing the school’s demerit and rubric systems
- Analyze school-wide trends around behavior, and class transitions and develop and lead initiatives to address challenges
- Generous Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401k Matching Program
Education and Experience:
- NYS Certification as a School Administration required
- Classroom experience required.
- Training in Special Education preferred
- Guidance Counselor or Social Worker background would be helpful
- Experience in Leadership with Social Emotional Development
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with at-risk student population in an educational setting preferred
- Strong written, grammatical, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Gmail
- Highly organized, detail and team-oriented
- Commitment to the school mission and a strong belief that all students will be successful when given the support to complete a rigorous preparation for the college of their choice.
- Personal qualities of maturity, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and a roll-up-my-sleeves attitude
- Champions change, supports school leader in applying school policies and other school wide practices/methods; actively motivates and encourages others to adapt to change
- Reflect on actions and adjust personal behavior and systems accordingly; ask regularly for feedback; model humility and admit mistakes; seek out thought partners
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan