Work Days: Monday – Friday
Job Location/Account Territory: Rochester, NY
Rate: Salary (dependent on experience), plus commission and full benefits package
Regional Distributors, Inc. is one of the largest distributors of janitorial, food service, paper, and packaging products and equipment in the Western NY and Albany areas. We are looking for an experienced Territory Account Sales Manager to join our enthusiastic, service-orientated team. The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record selling products and recommending relevant solutions to current and prospective customers, enthusiastic energy providing customer support, and eagerness to support the company’s values, principles, and goals.
- Ensure revenue growth by consistently working to improve customer experiences by listening and proactively analyzing their current and future needs and by providing exceptional customer support.
- Strive to become a specialist, and not merely a generalist, by proactively researching and understanding customers’ key business drivers, observing their company’s operations, developing relationships with key stakeholders, selling relevant products to meet their specific goals, providing reliable back-up information, data, and materials, and nurturing relationships throughout the entire lifetime cycle, both offline and online.
- Evaluate, recommend, describe, and demonstrate relevant and substitute products and solutions to maintain relationships and grow sales. Actively sell and support company’s products, provide product information (brochures, videos, samples, etc.), and answer questions in a timely manner.
- Submit customer orders, maintain inventories, and provide timely customer support while in the field by utilizing company devices and technologies. Work to identify and resolve customer challenges and issues before they occur.
- Develop and implement weekly sales plans that include a schedule of prearranged calls and visits to current and new customers and ensure all appropriate sales tool and materials are organized in advance.
- Grow existing customer base by identifying prospective customers through on-site evaluations, customer referrals, internal lead reports, and online research.
- Nurture and maintain customer relationships through scheduled and impromptu in-person visits, follow-up emails and phone calls.
- Engage in problem solving by attentively listening to customers’ needs, proactively performing analysis, and interpreting purchase trends. Enlist and communicate with coworkers to ensure exceptional, timely service and that operations are performing at highly efficient levels.
- Maintain knowledge of the company’s product offerings, operations, goals, communications outlets, and industry trends and business landscape.
- Represent the company in the most professional of manners during all customer interactions and networking opportunities by upholding the company’s mission, core values & principles, and company culture of trust, honesty, respect, reliability, and attentiveness.
- Maintain close contact with the Vice President regarding account activity, customer needs, prices, customer feedback, and product quality.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field and two years of sales or related experience is required.
- Knowledge or experience with the janitorial and/or food service industry is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting/exceeding sales goals.
- Successful experience building a territory from little or nothing.
- Skilled at building rapport, opening doors, and understanding business.
- High energy, ambitious, decisive, and results-oriented.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, and be highly self-motivated.
- Must have a valid driver's license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and reliable transportation.
- Familiarity with operating desktop and laptop computers, mobile devices (smartphones and tablets), Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CRM, marketing automation software, social media, and ability to learn internal business systems is preferred.
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and up to 10 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Regional Distributors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and embraces all persons regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability, national origin, race, religious creed, marital status, citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, or veteran status to promote a workplace of diversity and inclusivity.
Job Type: Full-time