Cardinal Intellectual Property is currently searching for a results-driven professional seeking a career in Human Resources. A successful Human Resources Associate will be self-motivated and ready to take ownership of the position.
This position is located in Evanston, IL.
Position Responsibilities / Duties:
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment forms
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbooks on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration; rewrites job descriptions as necessary
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1, Vet reports as required annually; maintains other records, reports ad logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Conducts full cycle recruitment effort for all Cardinal positions as required: writes and places postings, facilitates with supervisors, and managers to screen, interview candidates, background and reference checking; extends job offers on-boarding, offboarding including exit interviews
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports
- Other projects/assignments as assigned by Management.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and ability to make timely and informed decisions and understand when to escalate issues.
- Ability to develop and drive initiatives to improve HR team performance.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment effectively.
- Positive, enthusiastic, confident, outgoing personality
- Inquisitive attitude, strong research competency, and “do the homework” mentality
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management
Cardinal Intellectual Property, Inc. is a global leader in patent and trademark service, and a provider of software services for intellectual property management. As a leader in the patent research industry, Cardinal IP has been contracted by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to conduct their PCT searches and prepare the preliminary opinions across all subject categories. Our technology solutions for intellectual property management include Invention Disclosure Processing, Docketing, E-Discovery, and Competitive Monitoring. Our technology platforms incorporate rigorous security and data protection standards, and we maintain confidentiality using the same diligence and procedures as a law firm.
Cardinal Intellectual Property, Inc. provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or local statute or ordinance.