POS Systems Engineer 3
POSITION REPORT TO: IT Application Development Manager
POSITION LOCATION: Bob Evans Restaurant Support Center New Albany, Ohio
Statement of Purpose:
Under general direction of the IT Manager in Restaurant Systems, the candidate will perform complex duties in the development, installation, integration, administration, and maintenance of the restaurant (Aloha POS) related applications. Provide input into strategic vision and serves as a primary contributor for complex IT Restaurant initiatives. A key resource on major IT Restaurant implementations, upgrades and migrations. Solves significant business problems by innovative application of Information Technology Solutions.
- Participate and/or lead key initiatives related to Aloha POS solution
- Work with IT applications, operations teams, and lines of business to analyze business requirements and develop scalable, strategic and cost-effective solutions to meet specific business challenges.
- Participate in the evaluation of new IT Restaurant solutions sets to augment existing capabilities.
- Key resource in the deployment IT Restaurant solutions in-line with established change control procedures and in partnership with associated operational and applications teams
- Provide technical support for restaurants, including out-of-hours support when required.
- Identify automation opportunities to streamline the interaction of tools and infrastructure to maximize efficiency of processes and operational, infrastructure and applications resources.
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to develop and execute detailed tactical plans on multiple projects.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to coordinate resources from multiple functional areas.
- Ability to work effectively with a project team. Ability to effectively manage business relationships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to explain complex technical detail and tradeoffs to non-technical associates.
- Pro-active attitude and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field is preferred
- Minimum 4-6 years of Aloha POS Systems configuration experience
- Proven experience in working with all phases of the development lifecycle
- Experience with configuration management principles is a major plus
- In depth knowledge of Aloha POS, Configuration Center (CFC), Command Center (CMC), Aloha Take Out (ATO), Aloha Kitchen (AK), Connected Payments (CP) and DataMart required
- Knowledge of POS peripheral devices (scanners, printers, payment devices)
- Knowledge of SCCM and SCOM
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS, and associated security best practices and tools: OS patching, AV, FIM/Logging
- Above average networking skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place