Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. is America's favorite candy company, manufacturing and selling some of the world's most popular confectionary brands. Beginning in a modest New York candy store with the Tootsie Roll's introduction in 1896, the Chicago-based company has grown to become one of the country's largest candy companies, with operations throughout North America and with distribution channels in more than 75 countries. The Tootsie brands resonate strongly among every age group, culture, and demographic; for every occasion and event; and during every economic climate, qualifying them as truly enduring, iconic American confections. For more information, visit www.tootsie.com
Production Lead Summary
This position is responsible for assisting management by performing various quality and clerical duties throughout the shift.
- Conduct checks on metal detectors throughout the shift with appropriate wands.
- Fill out applicable paperwork.
- Verify code dates are correct finished product bags, bars and banks. Retain sample.
- Ensure film, corrugated, wax paper, U-boards, cold seal, and poly has correct item number.
- Ensure all required forms and paperwork is correct, signed/ dated.
- Verify piece counts on stated bags, check piece weight on cut and wraps.
- Knowledge of proper handling of reject product at control point.
- Ensure bar line machines have operator weight sheets.
- Compile operator weight sheets and complete Monthly weight report for QA.
- Log hourly counts on “White Boards”.
- Compile hourly tally for production report.
- Order production materials through ORACLE that is needed to satisfy weekly production planning.
- Gather completed findings with Stock Clerk, create and apply LPN’s on all unused production materials for return to warehouse.
- Conduct cycle counts and adjustments on TWRAP materials.
- Keep work area neat, clean and organized.
- Communicate with Operators, supervisors, lab associates or mechanics when a problem arises.
- Various additional duties may be assigned by supervisor.
- Manage and maintain production spreadsheets.
GMP/Food Safety/Quality Duties
Must adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices at all times. Responsible for the production of safe, quality finished goods according to specifications, programs, policies, and work instructions set by Management according to the Tootsie Roll Industries, LLC Food Safety and Quality System, which adheres to SQF (Safe Quality Foods) codes.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Do you have Microsoft excel experience?
Work Location: In person