The client seeks a senior-level Java Web Services Developers with strong business acumen for our client located in Washington DC. Work will be done out of Herndon, VA.
No remote work. Must be onsite in Herndon, VA.
- 8+ years advanced computer programming skills in Java/J2EE, Web Services and APIs
- 2+ years advanced computer programming skills in JSF 2.x/PrimeFaces/RichFaces
- Advanced working skills in programming with SQL or Oracle.
- 1+ year computer programming skills in Cold Fusion.
- 5+ years of experience in systems analysis and working closely with business customer
- Experience with Subversion, code versioning and change management concepts
- Experience with full life-cycle software applications development (i.e., design, construction, testing, and implementation)
- Experience with requirements definition and specifications design
- Experience analyzing functional requirements in Sprints to write component detailed design technical documents.
- Able to design and build systems that are integrated with other client systems
- Demonstrates an expert level of proficiency in the use of computer languages and utilities necessary to support application development
- Ability to read and understand Coldfusion code from an existing application.
- Ability to analyze and document existing business logic embedded in the ColdFusion code.
- Advanced working skills with IBM WebSphere and/or Oracle WebLogic technologies
- Experience with Eclipse IDE.
- Experience with WebSphere Liberty.
- Experience with Maven, Sonar and Jenkins
- Able to perform the complete system life cycle using the Agile Scrum Methodology phases from project initiation, analysis and requirements, design, coding, testing and implementation
- Able to adhere to client development standards
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
- Proven ability to develop and maintain system documentation
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
- Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
- If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
- All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status (Green Card).
- Candidate must have lived in the US for the past 5 years.
- Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)
- All overtime must be pre-approved in writing by the client manager or his/her designated representative.
- Agency will not be reimbursed for overtime charges without previous written authorization. Authorized overtime will be reimbursed at straight time.
- The enforced dress code is business casual, i.e. collared shirt with slacks for men, no skirts above the knee for women.
Place and Period of Performance
o The standard work week for contract staff will be 5 days a week and 8 hours per day preferable Monday through Friday.
o Contract staff may be required to travel to support business efforts.