- 7+ years' of increasing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
- Experience managing change in multiple site environment and managing multiple direct reports.
- BS/BA in Safety, Environmental, Ergonomics or a related field required
- Written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with Directors and VPs
- Develop and implement department goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
Senior Site Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager
Amazon North America Customer Fulfillment
The Senior Site Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager will be responsible for partnering with site level operations team for their assigned site in order to execute company EHS policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and Kaizen events, this Senior Safety Manager will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our associates. The Senior Site EHS Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the operations team and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
The Senior Site EHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. This Senior Safety Manger must instruct and train operations managers and site EHS professionals in company EHS policies and assist the regional teams in incorporating our safety standards at their site. The Senior Site EHS Manager will be required to identify best practices and incorporate these best practices into our standards to continuously improve company safety policies. Must possess excellent safety program and relevant safety, environmental and ergonomic knowledge and demonstrates this expertise when working with operations.
The Senior Site EHS Manager will be responsible to develop a team of safety managers and safety professionals at a site. This Senior Safety Manger must create and execute leadership development plans for their team. This Senior Safety Manger must communicate safety team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to the safety teams and ensure they are executing to the core competencies of an Amazon safety professional. This Senior Safety Manger must also demonstrate the ability to judge and assess safety talent and select appropriate bench strength to current and future business needs.
Senior Site EHS Manager Responsibilities:
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon Safety Policies.
- Measure the FC performance against published requirements in safety policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
- Ensure safety record keeping and data integrity and provides Operations with accurate reporting and metrics to support business safety initiatives.
- Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations. Deliver quality projects on time to Operations.
- Deep Dive safety metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
- Deep Dive trends and propose action plans to Sr. Leadership on site.
- Audit record keeping practices and Global Safety Database entries to ensure compliance to global safety standards and local regulations.
- Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
- Manage and mentor the FC Safety Manager and Safety Associates in your assigned FC.
- Engage the Injury Prevention Specialists (IPS) and Site Leadership to drive long-term strategic actions to achieve incident reduction.
- Lead soft tissue injury reduction efforts with IPS by performing targeted Kaizen events in partnership with the Operations teams based on the risks identified in each task (force, repetition, and awkward postures).
- Ensure site leadership and associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
- Review for effectiveness the deployed safety tools and revise to ensure continual improvement.
- Partner with corporate and other regional field safety personnel to leverage global safety and environmental best practices into NA network standards.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced, changing/growing organization
- Handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situation
- Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs across the nation
- Prior experience in a management development training programs
- Track record of effectively managing an operation comprising both salaried and hourly staff
- Develop others into higher levels of responsibility in an organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.