The primary function is working with Special Access Program (SAPs) and other classified networks supporting SMC Directorates and/or AFSPC Operational Units. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Performance shall include:
- Install, maintain, audit and support a secure MS Windows network environment and limited web/data application service
- Maintain internet applications and protocols IP,TCP,HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, & SSL
- Maintain file servers, Firewalls, network access, Security Monitoring Systems and system documentation as required
- Interface with local customers and provide IT related support to quickly resolve problems
- Analyze and troubleshoot system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
- Perform periodic maintenance, hardware upgrades and replacement, firmware updates and system configuration changes
- Perform scheduled tape backups on systems as required
- Manage data backup library to include storage of tapes, disks and other magnetic media at the customer’s location and off-site storage facilities as required
- Attend planning and requirements meetings with IT staff, Program Managers and customers as required
- Prepare system for operational use and support operational tests
- Provide technical guidance
- 1 - 2 years total related experience. Minimum 1 years of SCI or SAP-related experience highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalent additional experience (4 years)
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 within 6 months of the date of hire
- Applicable Windows professional certifications, based on OS requirements for supported organization.
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2007 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, Microsoft Windows XP/Vista operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration
- Working knowledge of JAFAN 6/0, DCID/JAFAN 6/3, DCID/JAFAN 6/9, and Joint DODIIS/Cryptologic SCI Information Systems Security Standards, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to C&A for Legacy systems
- Working knowledge and current relevant experience with PL1 & PL2 systems; experience with PL3 & PL4 cross domain solutions is a plus
- Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate ICDs/JAFANs/DOD Manuals and other guiding policy documents
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Requires travel within the organizational Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.