After Inc., a leading provider of warranty/marketing analytics and technology solutions, is seeking a Statistician to join our team.
About This Position
When you join After Inc. you are joining a firm that brings together marketing, strategy, analytics and technology in a unique package to drive increased profits for our clients. The Statistician will work with our advanced analytics group to deliver statistical analyses and modeling results to our clients.
To perform this job successfully the candidate must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Masters or Phd in Statistics, Applied Math, Econometrics or closely related field.
- 0-3 years work experience. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- A deep understanding of various statistical methods, such as linear and logistic regression, time series, design of experiments, etc. Experience with survival analysis (i.e. censored data) is preferred.
- Statistical programming experience: SAS programming and ability to use base SAS and SQL to deal with various analytical and data processing tasks, and/or; R programming and ability to use R statistical, reporting and database packages to deal with various analytical and data processing tasks
- Experience working with large datasets and complex relational data models
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience in data mining and direct marketing campaigns is a plus
Role and Responsibilities
The Statistician will report to a Manager or Director of Analytics and will have a number of important responsibilities, including:
- Interface with various database platforms to pull data and link them logically; know how to deal with the inherent structure of the data.
- Use SAS and/or R to perform standard statistical analysis, profiling, reporting and model implementation.
- Build statistical models, such as linear or logistic regression, survival and other parametric or non-parametric models that predict various business metrics.
- Summarize and present results for non-technical client audience.
- Work with senior Analytics personnel to develop new methods for statistical analysis and visualization.
Candidates not local to the area must be willing to relocate. Competitive salary and benefits based on experience are offered for this position.
How to Apply
Apply at https://afterinc.recruiterbox.com. Please include a brief cover letter outlining your qualifications for this position. In your cover letter, describe a recent project, your role, and what value you created on the project.
Job Type: Full-time