- Ports existing C-Code for audio algorithms to microprocessors/DSPs that are requested by customers.
- Optimize code to minimize execution time and memory usage.
- Analyze customer/internal requirements and specifications and translate these into software designs.
- Develop high quality software code based on designs.
- Support customers as they integrate code into their frameworks and build tools.
- Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware.
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debugger's, emulators, compilers, etc).
- Able to use oscilloscope, logic analyzer, or similar tools for troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Performs extensive unit and system level testing to ensure that all requirements are met.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program.
- Documents software based designs and algorithms for both developers and customers.
- Bachelors/ Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or technical equivalent.
- Skilled C and/or C++ programmer
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Embedded Software Development.
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded and multi-processor environment.
- Working with version control systems such as GIT or SVN.
- Working knowledge of I2C, RS232, SPI or other serial interfaces.
- Working knowledge of QNX, Embedded Linux, uCOS, or other commercial/open source RTOS platforms.
- Experience using MATLAB, Octave, SciPy or similar mathematical tools.
- Knowledge of fixed-point DSP programming.
- General familiarity with audio processing techniques.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Lua, Python, etc.
- Exposure to a range of DSP platforms.
- Experience developing products in the Automotive Industry.
- Experience with Automotive vehicle buses like CAN.
- Willingness to travel, domestic or international, up to 10% of the time.
- This position is based in Novi, MI.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.