Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements.
The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Sr. Java Developer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage business users to define the requirements and design for a vast array of tools
- Application development, prototyping, and high level technical consulting.
- Work closely with team members and business partners to develop cutting edge technology solutions under tight deadlines.
- Predict effects of configuration changes; identify application bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance.
- Support issue resolution and completion of ad-hoc requests in support of business partners.
- 7-10 years of IT experience in design, development, integration and testing of software solutions based on J2EE technologies including servlets, Java Server Pages (JSP), JDBC, Core Java, JMS, node.js, Bootstrap
- 7-10 years of experience with relational databases including Sybase, SQL Server, MySQL, and/or DB2
- 3-5 years of experience with managing, building, and deploying code through tools including Eclipse, GIT, Gradle, Docker, and Jenkins
- 3-5 years of experience designing and executing JUnit test cases using Mockito framework based on business requirements and functional specifications
- Experience with Java 1.8, Spring Framework & Shell Scripting
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Excellent problem solving and analytical, and technical skills
- Ability to think critically and act expeditiously to evaluate situations, make decisions and solve problems
- Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment and work on any project
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to work well with a variety of personalities
- Ability to work effectively with continuous change and short deadlines
- Demonstrated business acumen, problem solving skills, intellectual maturity, and relationship management skills
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
**Relocation candidates will be considered, but must be available to travel for an onsite interview**
Job Type: Full-time