Posting Detail Information
Posting Date 12/03/2019
Closing Date 12/31/2019
Special Instructions to Applicants
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following:
- Satisfactory results of a background check
- Post-offer, pre-employment physical exam in circumstances where the nature of the work renders it appropriate or where Federal law or regulation requires
Founded in 1901 as the nation’s first public community college, JJC’s dedication to student learning, community prosperity, and personal growth has influenced generations of students and community partners. Our six campuses and extension centers ensure accessibility and empower 30,000 students annually to improve their lives through the power of education.
Our commitment to our mission drives the change and innovation necessary to meet the evolving needs of our students, employees, and community. Our continued success is drawn from talented, diverse, and committed employees whose knowledge and passion for education create a thriving culture both in and out of the classroom.
JJC supports an inclusive and collaborative environment where everyone can learn, grow, and perform at their best. We invite you to apply your skills and experience in a way that supports excellence and rewards your contributions. Join our family and make JJC your first choice!
The college supports this commitment by providing full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package for our full-time employees including:
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (employee & family)
Flexible Spending Account
403(b) and 457(b) option for pre-tax retirement savings
Joliet Junior College Tuition Assistance (employee & family)
Long Term Disability
Life Insurance & a comprehensive leave plan including:
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Electrical/Electronic Automated Systems)
MINIMUM PAY RATE:
Refer to current adjunct faculty contract
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its faculty.
An adjunct community college instructor is an instructor hired for one semester to teach one or more courses for which he/she is qualified to teach. The adjunct instructor reports to the appropriate Instructional Coordinator and/or Department Chair; provides quality instruction for the assigned courses. The instructor works with full-time faculty in assessing students and following all course guidelines. Willingness to teach at other campus sites is required. Adjunct instructors may submit preferences for locations and loads. Position is subject to all terms and provisions of the Joliet Junior College adjunct faculty contract.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Course load of no more than 12 contact hours in appropriate instructional area.
2. Participate in annual student and chair/coordinator evaluations.
3. Comply with departmental curriculum, grading standards, attendance policies, textbook choices, and assessments, and other established processes.
4. Attend classes regularly; return college reports, credentials, and other requested documentation in a timely manner; effectively communicate with appropriate staff and chair.
5. Comply with all legal and ethical obligations, including FERPA, ADA, and other regulatory legislations. Communicate discrepancies to appropriate officials.
6. Commit to furthering the mission, goals, and core values of the college at all times.
7. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet Junior College adjunct faculty contract.
1. Bachelor’s degree in the field and/or a combination of education, training and tested experience.
2. Three (3) years of work experience with industrial automated systems.
3. Demonstrated commitment to teaching and learning.
1. Teaching experience at the collegiate level.
2. Experience at the community college level.
3. Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from diverse backgrounds.
4. Experience in teaching online and/or using course management programs.
5. Experience in course development and assessment, planning, quality and accreditation processes, and committee service.
1. Standard classroom equipment and software.
1. Classroom teaching environment.
ANNUAL CLERY SAFETY REPORT (ASR) NOTICE FIRE SAFETY REPORT (FSA) and MISSING PERSON POLICY (MPP) FOR STUDENTS RESIDING IN “ON CAMPUS” STUDENT HOUSING
Joliet Junior College is committed to assisting members of the JJC community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual CLERY security compliance document along with the Fire Safety Report (FSR) and the Missing Person Policy (MPP) for students residing in “on campus” student housing is available at the JJC Police Department website : www.jjc.edu/cleryreport
If you would like to receive the ASR, FSR or MPP in booklet form, you may stop by the Campus Police Department located on Main Campus in G 1013 or call Campus Police at 815-280-2234. The website and booklet contain information regarding campus security and personal safety such as crime prevention and reporting, police law enforcement authority, disciplinary procedures and other related security policies. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous years for all JJC campuses, property owned and controlled by JJC District 525 and on public property immediately adjacent to JJC campuses.
This information is required by law and is made available by the Joliet Junior College Police Department.