Tennis! Tennis! Tennis! This is an opportunity to join an early-stage startup that is disrupting the tennis industry, where you will be given every chance in the world to make a huge impact on the business and the industry.
A little more about Kourts:
We are a fast growing startup based in Venice, CA, working on bringing the tennis industry into the 21st century. Providing a SaaS platform for tennis clubs across the country, we make the booking, scheduling and payment processes more convenient and streamlined for both players and clubs. This year we are laser-focused on building relationships with all tennis clubs in the major tennis hubs in the country, with our initial focus being on Florida (northern and southern), Washington DC (Tri-state area), New York, Boston (New England area), Chicago, SF (bay area). The core of our business revolves around our relationships with tennis clubs, and that is exactly why this role is critical to our growth.
What you will be focusing on:
- Act as the go-to person for the entire Tri-state area, reporting to the VP of Sales based in Venice.
- Work with the team to come up with new methods and strategies suited for the Tri-state market.
- Hit the road and visit tennis clubs all over the city (sometimes unannounced), to build new partnerships and establish current ones.
- High volume of cold calls/emails to tennis clubs.
- Actively report and document sales progress through Pipedrive.
Are you the right for for this position?
- Willingness to spend 4+ hours in a car multiple days per week
- Social and outgoing with excellent communication skills
- Great at solving problems and handling unexpected challenges
- Highly disciplined and self-driven
- Ability to take a ‘no’ over and over, and still find ways to convince a potential partner
- 2+ years experience doing field/event sales
- Valid driver’s license
Big plus if you are:
- Passionate about tennis/sports (extra plus if you’re familiar with the tennis industry in your area)
- Passionate about tech and startups
- Experience working with customer service or other type of client/vendor relations
In addition to the benefits of working with a great team that has an “all in this together” culture, connecting with leaders in tennis, and coming out to Venice on a regular basis, Kourts will provide you with a fully covered medical and dental insurance plan. Being the fast-growing, small startup that we are, you will also be given a lot of opportunity to grow into bigger roles. So, what are you waiting for? We want to hear from you! : ) Please make sure you include a cover letter or a quick description of why you are interested in Kourts specifically.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year