A.L.P. is an international leader in the design, manufacturing and distribution of lighting components and components for other technical industries. We offer the industry’s most comprehensive line of products for OEMs and the aftermarket. For proprietary projects, our unique “360° Solutions” suite of custom services enables us to collaborate with customers at every stage of a product’s life cycle. Our core commitment is to provide superior service and product performance to every customer.
A.L.P. is committed to creating value within a wide range of products. Brands include LexaLite®, Reflek®, Steel Craft and Vantex™. With manufacturing plants in the U.S., Mexico, and Europe, and distribution centers strategically located throughout the U.S., Europe, Latin America and South America, A.L.P. endures as an innovative supplier of feature differentiated products, processes and lighting innovations.
Our search begins for a 3rd Shift Production Supervisor at our Charlevoix, MI facility.
FUNCTION: Perform functions to supervise hourly work force engaged in the manufacturing of Company products.
- Accept responsibility for your Safety and the Safety of others by using Safety awareness to eliminate unsafe acts and correct unsafe conditions.
- Participate in Lean events and initiatives to support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Actively participate in 5S and STOP activities.
- Ensure required PPE is available, worn and stored properly.
- Participate in the development of JSA procedures and ensure employees are following these procedures.
- Supervise the activities of the plastic injection molding department; assist with training, support and guidance; contribute to the performance evaluation process; determine the department’s staffing requirements consistent with the volume and budget levels, authorizing overtime as necessary.
- Review production orders and assign work to appropriate personnel to assure on-time delivery.
- Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications and direct setup and adjustments of equipment.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Pursue cost savings ideas and implementation.
- Ability to perform activities of those supervised.
- Ensure employees are meeting output standards and customer demand.
- Ensures productivity is completed at efficient levels by measuring cost of quality, on-time delivery and revenue per team member.
- Conduct safety audits/inspections.
- Responsible for any other special projects as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 5 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts