The Health Sciences Division of the School of Medicine and Health Sciences is recruiting a Data Analyst to support enrollment management, academic operations, student experience, and program success. The Data Analyst performs data collection, primary analysis, synthesis and works collaboratively with Health Sciences stakeholders to create reports and visualizations.
GW Health Sciences is a vibrant unit within the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences. As the training ground for the nation’s next experts in health care quality, clinical management and leadership, and more, we are at the forefront of a rapidly changing healthcare landscape. More information on our programs can be found at https://smhs.gwu.edu/academics/health-sciences-programs.
This position provides data analytics services to the university. This role typically gathers operational data to examine past business performance, identifies data patterns and trends, and provides insights to enhance business decision-making capability in business planning, process improvement, and solution assessment. This role recommends actions for future developments and strategic business opportunities, as well as enhancements to operational policies. This position typically performs quantitative and qualitative analyses to advance operations, including database studies, descriptive statistical reports, and correlative and predictive models.
The Data Analyst performs data collection, primary analysis, synthesis and extrapolation to support enrollment management, academic operations, student experience, and program success; works collaboratively with Health Sciences stakeholders to create reports and visualizations.
- Provides information and research about Health Sciences’ students, faculty, staff and programs to inform academic operations.
- Conducts analysis and reporting within university systems to enhance decision-making, problem solving, strategic planning, recruitment activities, enrollment management, and program assessments.
- Manages consolidated strategic enrollment and program evaluation plans, track performance to milestones, and guide quality improvement processes.
- Maintains and reports from multivariate relational databases across academic Health Sciences programs and research units.
- Creates data visualizations to illustrate patterns and trends with various enrollment data.
- Performs quantitative and qualitative analyses of academic and enrollment data to advance academic operations, including database studies, descriptive statistical reports, correlative and predictive models, and limited financial reports.
- Facilitates data collection for operational and academic needs, and conduct periodic audits and validation activities to ensure data quality and integrity.
- Conducts research into partnership and operational requirements across student recruitment, enrollment management, tuition services, program composition, and program evaluation.
- Produces market research and feasibility studies for academic program proposals.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior experience with Banner, Cognos, Tableau.
- Prior experience in higher education with involvement in education and student related data.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel®, including capabilities with statistical and pivot table functions.
- Advanced training in data analytics, statistics, or relevant field.
- Knowledge, understanding, and respect for diverse perspectives, interests, and constituencies domestically and
- A commitment to lifelong learning.
Typical Hiring Range $51725 - $77481 How is pay for new employees determined at GW?
II. JOB DETAILS
Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C.
School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS)
Family Information Technology
Sub-Family Data Administration
Stream Individual Contributor
Level Level 1
Hours Per Week:
Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work.
Required Background Check:
Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa status
Internal Applicants Only? No
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until:
Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.