The FSOP Intern will manage and build distributor relationships, educate and motivate distributor reps to gain new distribution, build volume in existing accounts, execute at the chain level within an assigned territory. The ideal candidate is a goal-oriented, revenue-focused individual who can quickly establish relationships for a growth-oriented sales strategy.
Essential Job Functions:
- In addition to observing the standards of conduct required of all Company employees, the responsibilities of the FSOP Intern include but not limited to:
- Aggressively identifying, targeting and sampling existing and potential accounts, both individually and in partnership with distributors, to maximize shelf space allocated and product offerings carried within an assigned territory.
- Training distributors’ sales representatives and newly hired FSOP Intern personnel as required on product knowledge and Company sales methodologies, procedures and current promotions.
- Attending distributor meetings on a regular basis.
- Ensuring that distributors’ merchandising personnel adequately service accounts based on sales achieved and shelf/floor space obtained by Large Store Intern.
- Coordinating marketing crew drive activities in various locations in and outside of an assigned territory.
- Providing reports on day-to-day sales activities and results as required by Company, and providing necessary back-up to support sales and bonus programs objectives. \
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Sales experience and/or willingness to engage in sales training.
- Basic computer operating skills in and outside of an office environment to include handheld devices.
- Solid organizational and time management abilities, along with the ability to act independently.
- Ability to perform physical activities required by the job duties including occasionally lifting and moving up to 65 pounds individually and greater weights with assistance; ability to bend, stretch, stoop, climb, and perform other physical acts associated with selling, demonstrating, and marketing product in an assigned territory.
- Ability to successfully meet standards of physical examinations and substance abuse testing, if required.
- Drivers: Be at least 21 years of age and have and maintain an acceptable driving record to be covered by the Company’s insurance carrier
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.