The American Diabetes Association is looking for a seasoned leader in omni-channel direct response fundraising who is ready to reposition the organization’s direct response fundraising program for revenue and donor growth, building positive relationships with the organization’s donors.
The Sr. Director, Direct Response Strategy & Operations will be a key leader on the Constituent Engagement team, working with a small leadership group to plan strategy and execute multi-channel programs that increase net revenue and active donors. Most importantly, the Sr. Director will lead a team in the day to day operations of direct mail and telemarketing and should have deep experience in this area.
- In partnership with the Sr. Director of Digital Fundraising, drive the strategic planning for an omni-channel direct response donor program, building long-term profitable relationships with mass-market donors. These donors contribute less than $10,000/year and have an average annual contribution of approximately $50.
- Drive omni-channel donor acquisition and retention strategies, helping grow and strengthen the fundraising engine that will help to sustain the mission of the American Diabetes Association.
- Lead strategic operations for direct mail and telemarketing. Managing revenue and expense budgets, strategic partners, creative teams, analytics teams, print, production and caging vendors.
- Grow the organization's mid-level and sustaining donor programs.
- Oversee concept development, production, and execution of new and existing direct response fundraising program activities.
- Direct the outreach, ad placement, scripting, and message integration for offline efforts, ensuring delivery of consistent yet powerful and compelling messaging.
- As a business unit leader, work with IT and partners to improve omni-channel donor database analytics by leading the thinking around infrastructure, technology, and staffing to build capabilities for the fundraising team.
- Cultivate and manage key strategic vendor partnerships.
- Direct cross-channel and cross-functional collaboration, bringing together internal departments and external vendors in a fundraising strategy forum, to develop new strategies and fuel greater efficiencies.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
* 12+ years of overall direct response and marketing experience with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership
* 10+ years of direct mail and telemarketing operations management
*Working knowledge of online marketing and fundraising with experience directly managing or working in close partnership with online teams to achieve goals.
*Must like building new programs and leading organizations through change.
* Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to create and lead high-performing teams
* Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams with integrity and professionalism
* Must have prior personal fundraising revenue responsibilities of at least $15 Million
* Advanced knowledge of effective direct response, mid-level, sustainer and planned giving techniques and best practices
* Exceptional organizational and time management skills
* Demonstrated proficiency interpreting and understanding financial statements and campaign performance analyses
* Demonstrated expertise leading successful multi-channel campaigns in multiple arenas of mission focus or sectors
* Excellent relationship management skills, both internally and externally
The American Diabetes Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Together We Can Stop Diabetes!