Under general supervision, but according to established policies and procedures, is responsible for providing secretarial and clerical services, such as preparing correspondence, typing, receiving and directing visitors, maintaining unit records and files, and job related duties. Maintains operational records, prepares reports and performs other clerical duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Completes a wide range of keyboarding tasks which include correspondence, typing, mailing, completing doctor's lists, follow-up appointments in patient's records, statistical tables, and so forth. Has familiarity with computer programs in order to complete tasks.
2. Answers, receives and confirms patients' appointments upon reporting to the center. Writes the daily "Doctors List"; pulls patients' charts for scheduled appointments dates; and refiles them following the appointments with the psychiatrists.
3. Assists in establishing and maintaining record keeping and filing systems for processing the daily billing of clinic and doctors services. Classifies and sorts billing to Medicaid, Medicare, DMH Grant and commercial insurance carriers. Responds to specific inquiries concerning the verification of identifying data for the Patient Services Department. Collects and assigns account numbers to each patient for identification.
4. Establishes, maintains, and revises record keeping and filing systems; classifies, sorts, and files correspondence, article, records, and other documents.
5. Records when clients enter the building and the purpose of the visit.
6. Works effectively with the Office Supervisor to address concerns.
7. Maintains logs, as required, that specify the types of information sent to other providers.
8. Frequently engages in contacts with agencies and routs caller to appropriate staff for further assistance.
9. Completes own work as required and will assist others as needed.
10. Cooperates with co-workers and management to maintain a harmonious environment.
11. Adjusts work schedule to accommodate changing priorities.
12. Operates assigned equipment and performs all procedures in a safe manner. Is familiar with computer programs and will seek assistance as needed.
13. Follows established emergency, infection control and/or universal precautions procedures as required.
14. Maintains work area and equipment according to standards and policies.
15. Attends mandatory in-service related to safety and/or infection control.
16. Supports and participates in department quality improve activities. Suggests ways to enhance efficiency of the clerical staff in dealing with clients and other staff.
17. Provides courteous service to internal/external customers in all activities.
18. Offers assistance to all internal/external customers as appropriate and/or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
19. Communicates in a professional manner emphasizing objectively and non-judgmental viewpoints.
20. Assists in solving client problems in a cooperative manner.
21. Identifies the need for supplies and submits work orders regarding repairs.
22. Understands and adheres to Loretto Hospital's compliance standards as they appear in the Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
23. Performs other related duties as assigned
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
One year related psychiatric facility experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required, Two-three year's experience strongly preferred.
Loretto Hospital is a EEOC employer